Levellers?

phantom

Hi all

still getting to grips with the MH - but more confident all the time thanks to all your help.

Had a problem at the weekend that the only pitch we could get was completely unlevel. We only have two levellers - do you usually carry more? We were only able to to get her horizontally level but it left her with a tilt to the drivers side which appeared to mess the fridge up completely. If the fridge is to work properly should you level front and back or side to side or should I get more levelers for these terrible pitches?

Need to tap into your years of experience.

Thanks Phantom

I usually take a shovel and dig out a level pitch, I find that this is far better than using levellers and having the shovel means I can always dig myself out if the pitch gets too slippery.

PS I always wear wellies when digging out especially when it is wet. :-D

We have 4. But to be honest it is usually quicker to change your pitch than mess about. You will soon learn to gauge the level anyway and this will save time. Most sites, providing they are not full, will not mind if you explain why. That's why abroad is better than the over regulated sites here, providing you pay when you leave you are usually free to move anywhere!

When we started out we spent ages going up and down the ramps. I am sure we provided the early evening entertainment on the sites we visited. Now, we just have a rough guess as to where the they need to go, plonk them down and providing stuff isn't sliding off the worktop it'll do!

If you are only stopping for a night or 2 it won't matter anyway.

docted - 2007-10-01 8:08 PM

I usually take a shovel and dig out a level pitch, I find that this is far better than using levellers and having the shovel means I can always dig myself out if the pitch gets too slippery.

PS I always wear wellies when digging out especially when it is wet. :-D

if you had an a,frame, you could take a minny digger and save yourself a lof of work (lol)

Bigal55,

Don't you read stuff on here? A frames are illegal/legal, they can/can't be used here or in this solar system, they can only be used for Smart cars/diggers and can only be used by vans weighing over 1.5 kiloton inches high!

You are also ugly, dim, a waste of air, pretty, clever, concise and you ramble on about nothing/everything. Why don't you go back to where you came from so you can do more posting.

Think that just about covers the topic!

(lol)

bigal55 - 2007-10-01 9:22 PM

docted - 2007-10-01 8:08 PM

if you had an a,frame, you could take a minny digger and save yourself a lof of work (lol)

Not strictly true, to take a mini digger (which would be on tracks) you would need a plant trailer. These only come with eye couplings, so unless you have a pin on your towbar you wouldn't be able to pull it.

So there, na na na na na na :D

Guest caraprof
docted - 2007-10-02 6:59 PM I have tried a mini digger but it was too slow. Mrs Docted however with a shovel is another thing entirely even in the wettest days you cannot see her for dust.

How does she manage to stir up dust on a wet day?

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-02 11:22 AM

Bigal55,

Don't you read stuff on here? A frames are illegal/legal, they can/can't be used here or in this solar system, they can only be used for Smart cars/diggers and can only be used by vans weighing over 1.5 kiloton inches high!

You are also ugly, dim, a waste of air, pretty, clever, concise and you ramble on about nothing/everything. Why don't you go back to where you came from so you can do more posting.

Think that just about covers the topic!

(lol)

are aframes legal >:-)

An interesting question, and the answer is Yes and no! There are arguments on both sides really. On balance I would say yes they are but there is still a nagging doubt that they are not. But if I had to make a definitive and legally binding decision and come down on one side, then I would say almost certainly yes but with several caveats!

I think each case should be taken on its' merits and a decision taken on the day with all the facts to hand. You can then see just what's involved and come up with the correct answer for that particular case.

At the end of the day and in real terms there is a case still to be made, and I would leave it to others to make that case and come up with a decision.

but if you ask me to give an honest answer, I couldn't really say, and as I have no intention of ever towing a car behind my van with anything I don't give a monkeys' chuff! But perhaps you should start a thread on it, I bet someone out there will know!

>:-)

phantom - 2007-10-01 7:26 PM

Hi all

still getting to grips with the MH - but more confident all the time thanks to all your help.

Had a problem at the weekend that the only pitch we could get was completely unlevel. We only have two levellers - do you usually carry more? We were only able to to get her horizontally level but it left her with a tilt to the drivers side which appeared to mess the fridge up completely. If the fridge is to work properly should you level front and back or side to side or should I get more levelers for these terrible pitches?

Need to tap into your years of experience.

Thanks Phantom

We only have the two ramps and also carry 2-3 wood squares that are about 2" thick, we were on a pitch that sloped both ways in July at Cromer we used one ramp with a piece of wood under the back for extra height under the lowest rear wheel we used another piece of wood under the front wheel on the same side and went up the ramps, due to the way suspension works in that the wheel can drop as well as compress this basically got us level enough, you don't always need a ramp under each wheel to get the best results.

caraprof - 2007-10-02 7:08 PM
docted - 2007-10-02 6:59 PM I have tried a mini digger but it was too slow. Mrs Docted however with a shovel is another thing entirely even in the wettest days you cannot see her for dust.

How does she manage to stir up dust on a wet day?

The Scientific answer is friction; whereby the speed of her working generates sufficient friction between shovel and earth to generate massive amounts of heat thus drying it out.

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-03 12:12 PM

An interesting question, and the answer is Yes and no! There are arguments on both sides really. On balance I would say yes they are but there is still a nagging doubt that they are not. But if I had to make a definitive and legally binding decision and come down on one side, then I would say almost certainly yes but with several caveats!

I think each case should be taken on its' merits and a decision taken on the day with all the facts to hand. You can then see just what's involved and come up with the correct answer for that particular case.

At the end of the day and in real terms there is a case still to be made, and I would leave it to others to make that case and come up with a decision.

but if you ask me to give an honest answer, I couldn't really say, and as I have no intention of ever towing a car behind my van with anything I don't give a monkeys' chuff! But perhaps you should start a thread on it, I bet someone out there will know!

>:-)

no thanks, my computer couldn,t stand the heat

Archived