motorway service stations

Zookeeper

Hi

My first time on here so hope this is right place for my question. We've previously been campers and then caravan owners but bought our first motorhome in July.

Have had loads of fun so far.

I've read a lot in magazines and web sites about how motorway service stations don't cater for motorhomes but am not sure what the situation actually is. For example, we plan to go to the NEC in October but, of course, all the camping was booked before we got round to it. So a reasonable solution would be to drive up so far night before and stay in nearest service station.

Any advice, comments, suggestions (not too rude, we've only just met) gratefully received.

Wendy

You can overnight on MSAs, however there is a charge for stayiong longer than 2 hours and you are not supposed to use gas for cooking and heating.

Watch where you park you do not want to be in among the lorries where you have comings and goings all night not to mention fridges throbbing.

Good luck

Docted

We stayed on the Exeter services on the M5 a couple of years back and it wasn't a problem. Cost us a tenner for the night, but there are toilets, places to eat, shops and a shower if you want it.

We ended up here as we had a sudden trip to Devon and I could not get booked in ANYWHERE

At the time we had a pop top toyota Devon, so not a lot of internal facilities and the service station did the job for us.

Quite enjoyed it in a weird sort of way.

In ther truckstop guide Lincoln Farm Caf'e & Hotel 01675442301 A452 Keilwoth Road Hampton in Arden B92 0LS

From M42 J6,take A45 eastbound to A452,head south on A452 for 2 miles £8.50 for 24 hrs.

Birmingham Truckstop 01216282339 The Wharf Wharf Road Tyseley B11 2E

From M42 J6 take A45 westbound to A4040 follow signs from there £5.00 p night

Hi Wendy

If you're only going for the one day then if you're in the CC or C&CC do what we have done in the past, stay on a site (CL or CS preferably) about 20 miles away, then set off in the morning, usually around 8.00 am, and you'lll get to the NEC car parks nice and early, then have your breakfast, wash or whatever, and you'll be ready for the off, you'll also get a better parking spot and not be a million miles away form the 'free' bus stops.

Zookeeper - 2007-10-02 9:04 PM

I'll have a better look to see if I can find any.

Very glad to see I'm not the only one who has 2 dogs and still has to take hubby's rat away with us! Only the one male though, the girls (4 of them ) stay at home with the cats. (lol)

8-)

I hope they don't gang up on your moggie when you're away ... have you seen the new film "Ratatouille"?!!!!! >:-)

Archived