Gatwick Motorhomes Hire

Charlieme

I've just noticed the advert as above.

I live nearby and can always go and look or check their premises etc.

They are about 4 miles from the Airport and 8 miles from me. In fact I will take a look in a few days to see what they have to offer and report back.

Do you think they are pitching their trade at foreigners coming into the UK (yanks and the like) rather than Brits?

Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to hear your recce report, agent charlie & me.

Remember though, if you are captured, we have never heard of you and we did not approve your covert mission.......

Well I can say I'm calling for a friend in Newcastle or where ever who asks.

I shall make out a flight plan before departure !

Godness me you're worse than I am staying up late, and you have the additional hour added.

Hey that's a great website do you play the mouthorgan?

"Hey that's a great website do you play the mouthorgan?"

Oh, just stroke my ego, why don't ya!!

Do I play harmonicas - Oh yes indeedee!

A lot. To a blues and rock professional standard.

I just love the sound, and how you can bend, wail, chug, embroider the melody, and even just do fills at the end of each line, as well as solos with it.

Fantastic instrument for me as a vocalist, as it goes so well with many of the types of music I love to play, and is a piece of cake to play through the same radio microphone that I use on stage.

For any harmonica techies out there, I use Lee Oskar major key diatonic harps.

Anyway, good luck with your secret mission - remember that this message will self-destruct in 10 seconds.........

Just gonna see if I can attach a WMA file of a sample of some of my blues harp playing to this post for charlie & me, et al.

...................Nope.

Tried twice now, but get timed-out (I think maybe the file size is too large to upload to here)

................C & M, you'll have to adopt a silent approach to your recce mision I'm afraid.

Guest JudgeMental

Blimey Charlie, wear hat & gloves as you dont want to leave any DNA or fingerprints. Have you considered a false beard and glasses - in case they have CCTV :-D

Love D Blues, Dis place needs some lightning up ;-)

I don't see any problem to go and ask questions. They're selling a service like any shop.

When I had visits by traders or enquirers they were welcome to ask or see anything. One can learn a lot by assessing their presentation and after all we might even get an enquiry on here ?

Regarding the Harmonica, I've played it of sorts since aged 4 but when it gave me a sore throat I started on the Melodian (same principal) and I'm not much better at that either.

I cannot get my head around bending the notes. I play the Harmonica backwards from copying my father, when he went left so did I etc. I have been told its impossible to play blues that way, especially as I now have plastic teeth !!

The Queen Mother used to delight her friends by telling them she had held Larry Adlers' organ ! (Mouthorgan to those who don't know)

Guest JudgeMental

Bill, for heavens sake it was a joke!.following on from your conspiracy theory post - thats all, no harm intended :-D

I am an X muso, maybe we should form a forum band lol..... *-)

Guest JudgeMental

Charlie, slightly damaged after recent battles :-( (:-D)

O OH we are going to get bumped over to chatterbox :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Clive - 2007-10-04 3:58 PM

I,ve GOT Larry Adlers Organ!

you would!, has it decomposed or do you keep it in the freezer? lol

Guest JudgeMental
J9withdogs - 2007-10-04 4:29 PM

Shall I start a 'Greatest Claim To Fame' thread in Chatterbox?

Well........ as an infamous Judge, and accomplished musician, modesty prevents me from blowing my own trumpet - simply because I can't reach it! lol

Guest JudgeMental
J9withdogs - 2007-10-04 4:42 PM

Too many puddings, I say again, Eddie :D :D

Well anyway, Its a BOY band. So there!(as it was my idea*-))

the covern can be the groupies -only if they have soft hands........ *-)

Guess what I cannot find them again! They were listed close to a village called Charlwood, and up a hill so that would have been easy to escape from.

But looking through the directory there's another M/H hire company closer to the airport called.......wait for it........"Escape Motorhome Hire"

The first one has dissapeared, perhaps they heard we were calling?

Archived