problem booking ferry crossings

Guest jeanie

Guest jeanie
i cannot get quotes online from norfolkline and p&o for return journey departing 7th jan 06 return 24 march 06 norfolkline site says no sailings on these dates p&o calendar will process 7th jan but not march am i doing something wrong or are the schedules not on their system yet? i am usually too late not too early!!! anyone else having problems kind regards jeanie

Guest Brian & Eve
Hi Jeanie, We also have had problems trying to book a ferry crossing, when contacting direct by telephone we were told that the 2006 timetable will not be available until November, so much for booking early for a discount!!! Good luck.

Guest jeanie
thanks for the reply brian and eve, it was reassuring to hear that i had not 'gone and done something wrong' (the usual comment from my nearest and dearest, who does not reckon much to all this new technology ). the fact that the information will not be available until november reinforced his opinions!!! the long delay means that you cannot make comparisons between all providers and could lose out or have to ammend your requirements if you waited until then to make a decision. i have now booked the tunnel after reading some very positive comments on other postings. the cost was £124.00 for the dates and times i wanted. we wentlast year jan/march with norfolkline. for monday crossings the cost was £98.00 with additional £10 for any weekend crossing so allowing for a probable annual increase i think the tunnel compares very favourably, and the website is brilliant. i have posted a more detailed reply on cost of channel crossings by norma kind regards jeanie

Archived