Elddis Autoquest 2007 owners.

jjv

Please would any 2007 Autoquest (or derivative) owners let me know their opinions of their vehicle. I have seen some good reviews and some bad ones in the motorhome press. I would like to see some feedback from actual users before I "jump in".

What do you want to know...?

I have a 115 and am quite happy with it thus far. There is the obvious water ingress problem into the engine bay with Boxers and Ducatos but most MH owners will probably get that.

The build quality is OK. You might find that you need to resit a screw properly or clean up some build debris but no big deal.

Storage is an issue that you need to consider carefully as they have no outside storage lockers - I have made a few modifications here and there which has improved the situation.

Water storage is an issue with only 45 litres (10 gal) on board but we carry a spare 25 litres on board in a plastic jerry can which fits perfectly in the habitation door well.

My outside TV socket wasn't connected to the internal socket which needed looking at.

With 40K to spend would I have bought another 115 or spent more money? I would buy another 115! :-)

Cherry & I bought a 150 in Jan. of this years after (almost) 10 years with a 'Wanderer'. Although we were happy with our first 'Mo-Ho' we find the new one far better alround. The workmanship is much better as is the quality of materials used in the internal fitting out. Yes, one or two screws are loose, but we all suffer from that at times!!!! the upholstery is better that the old one and the seating/beds are interior sprung which offers more comfort than foam. Ours is on one of the last 'old style' chassis & not the brand new models introduced in Nov 2006 but it has a 2.2H.D.i 120b.h.p. plant as power and is a 'hot motor'. The inboard tank is 70 liter capacity which normally last us (just 2 people) circa 3 days +. I think that for approx £28,500 a 150 is superb (for 2 people in the main, although we take 4 grandchildren out for day trips and the two elders ones on the odd overnight by sleeping them in the luton).

You' pays your money & takes your chioce' as it is said but we would endorse our Elddis as a 'good buy'!

Regards, Mike & Cherry.

depends which magazine you is reading jjv, the real one or the one that rewrites brochures. our elddis is done good service as long as you dont mind a bit of diy its ok. no real roof leaks to speak of, and the furniture is not showing ware. we read the review in MMM, bought her, and avent looked back - for many years, And thank god alice dont look back!

fred

We have 2006 on a 06 the old model 120 we have had lots of fun in her the only thing we have found is that its a four berth designed to carry only 2.This year in wales we went over a speed bump and the rar seat gave way .When I read the hand book when we got back its only ment to have 1 passenger .We weren't be going back to largest dealer in the midlands as the salesman never once pointed this out to us .We asked about about rear belts he said not needed he new we had two teenage daughters .But for a couple its been what we expected we knew it wasn't an Auto trail or an Autosleeper. Just don't take a saleman word .But I would buy another .Good value for money and great starter van

Hi there, I bought a 130 last May. Its the new model chassis. So far no problems with it apart from the water dripping into the engine as already mentioned.

We are a family of 3 and a dog and my partner was worried about the storage space, having caravanned for a few years previous. There is no outside storage space although you could go down the route of roofboxes. We managed two weeks in Brittany with everything we needed and found that we probably could have squeezed more into the cupboards if needed. We had 3 bikes on the rack at the back.

Ours is a 5 berth, but I think it would be cramped if there were 5 on board. There are seatbelts for the driver and three passengers, so what about the fifth person?

Build quality is o.k. so far. Nothing has gone wrong or fallen off. I find the 2.2hdi engine more than adequate to pull us along and it cruised at 60-70 mph no problem for hours at a time while we travelled through Scotland and England on route to France. I'm averaging around 32-34mpg according to the on board computer. I have done 3500 miles so far.

We are happy with it and at the time we were looking to buy a m/h it seemed a good choice for us as the second hand m/hs at dealers seemed just as expensive as going for this new one, and we have the added protection of a full warranty.

Would I buy another one? Yes. When it comes to change, whenever that will be, I would buy another one depending on my circumstances. Might go for something bigger. If my daughter no longer wants to come along might try a two berth. But for now we're grateful we have this one.

Hope this helps

Paul

We have an Elddis "Firestorm" (dealer's version of Autoquest) 120 - . Like Paul we found that we would have to pay nearly as much for a second hand van in good condition (our intention) and bought the Elddis new just over a year ago. We really like it, it has everything we need. There were some minor teething problems, surprisingly few in fact, the dealers (Barrons of Wrexham) fixed them straight away. We particularly liked the U shaped lounge on this model with its big windows on three sides. After a year and a bit and nearly 6000 miles we are very happy with it. Our only important additions have been external Silver Screens, a much lighter table that is easier to put up, a memory foam mattress overlay from Argos which fits into a single duvet cover, and some folding buckets in case the waste tank fills and we can't be bothered to drive to the service point. There is enough storage - in fact we never fill it.

Archived