WE'VE DONE IT!

Tony Jones

We've just got home from Roy Wood Transits, where we've placed an order for a brand new "Cavarno 2" by Horizons Unlimited. It's just what we need, and now we can't wait for delivery! It's due to be ready during Feb, but we've asked them to delay delivery to 1 March to get an 08 plate.

I don't need to try to describe how we feel - most of you have been there.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Tony & Liz (lol) (lol) (lol)

Hi Tony

Good choice chuck! One suggestion for an 'optional extra' is the cruise control (and leather steering wheel!). The cruise option is cheap by comparison to what it costs to have it put on as an afterthought and if you intend to do any long distance driving it will prove to be very beneficial indeed.

Bet you can't wait!!!!:D

What you doing with Hannibal then??? :-S

Guest caraprof

I've had a look at the website and it really does tick many of the boxes which are important to me, i.e. as small as possible but still having all the goodies such as a lavatory and shower etc. and a choice of two single or one double bed.

I presume that the two singles are made up by using the bases of the seats?

Anyway, I wish you many happy years of holidays in it!

Hey Tooooooonnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...

You getting the optional shower attachment????? Of are you going to have one of those 'al fresco' bag ones so that the neighbours can still see you in all your glory? Hairy chest and all (lol)

FANTASTIC CHOICE TONY . We are going the NEC show so will check it out. looks great on the website. What extras have you ordered?? Cruise control is a bargain. Keep us informed when you finally recieve it. March is not long to wait for your dreams to come true.

Ian

Guest JudgeMental

well done Tony, you will be chuffed with new Ford its a great base vehicle for a camper. I would add cruise control if it is an option its very useful :-D

Thanks for the encouraging comments folks - especially from you other DAFTIES (Devotees and Afficionados of Ford Transits In Every Shape).

Several of you have suggested cruise control - I'll enquire, but I think we're probably too late for that, as the base vehicle already exists - it's one of a batch which RWT/HU had laid claim to before the very recent Ford price increase. By accepting one of them, I saved a couple of grand and got an earlier, and hopefully more reliabel, delivery date (delays are caused at base vehicle stage at least as often as at converters). Never mind, I've always got a pedal I can control the cruise with (two in fact, but I rarely use the other one!)

The toys I HAVE got are:

BASE VEHICLE: cab air-con, heated windscreen & mirrors, rain-sensitive wipers, and towbar

CONVERSION: cab coffee table, large double bed option, electric step & grab handle (which, with my mum as a blue badge holder, will qualify it for zero-VAT), and Gaslow refillable system. We're still considering (since the conversion won't start for a while yet) the shower screen and the Fiamma roll-out awning.

And yes, Mel B, we'll have the inside shower - sorry!

Carol asked about our travel plans. Well in 2008, Essex's fixed "easter holiday" is completely separate from Easter itself, which means there will be a full fortnight when a classroom assistant and a parson can both be away together! So we're planning a trip then rather than having to wait for Summer for a proper holiday. This past weekend our church had a visit from a family who are "missionaries" in North Africa, working with excluded/outcast groups. I wasn't quite impressed enough to buy the company (like the shaver guy), but certainly enough to want to see for myself. There are car ferries across the Med, and a fortnight should do it if the Ford is as good as it feels ....

Tony

Archived