Windbreaks

Rabbi

Can anyone help me here.

I am looking for a windbreak that will stand up to substantial winds.

Was wintering in Spain last year and had a few very windy days that ruined normal windbreaks even with guy ropes attached. Quit a few or the German units had Isabella windbreaks with poles at the tops and bottoms which withstood the weather, but I have since found these to be a few hundred pounds. Rather expensive.

A friend did see some at the Peterborough Show for around £60 but did not know who marketed them.

Would appreciate any help.

Rabbi

Guest starspirit

Over the years I've seen expensive windbreaks torn to shreds too and although you get what you pay for up to a point the best policy may well be to take the darned thing down at night or in high winds.

After all in my experience there ain't a lot of fun sitting outside in a gale anyway.

Other than that just keep on buying and chucking away 'el cheappos'

We tend to park with the caravan door away from the wind where possible and we have a short version windbreak about 15" high (an old broken one cut down) that we can put along the van side between the front and back wheels to protect from the draught under the van.

Rabbi - 2007-10-09 10:17 AM Can anyone help me here. I am looking for a windbreak that will stand up to substantial winds. Was wintering in Spain last year and had a few very windy days that ruined normal windbreaks even with guy ropes attached. Quit a few or the German units had Isabella windbreaks with poles at the tops and bottoms which withstood the weather, but I have since found these to be a few hundred pounds. Rather expensive. A friend did see some at the Peterborough Show for around £60 but did not know who marketed them. Would appreciate any help. Rabbi

Rabbi/Trevor

Try this web site:-

http://jormaxwindbreaks.co.uk/index.html

We bought a set at the Peterborough show. Very good & very durable made from heavy duty PVC. Not cheaps mind you, but then again you get what you pay for. They have various heights & widths for sale. They attend most shows but admit that their website is a bit poor. Best to contact them direct.

I have no connection with this company whatsoever, except as a happy customer.

Hope this was what you were looking for.

Happy if I have been of help to you.

Thai

When we were at the York show we saw a stand selling the 'rods' which you could fit inbetween your upright poles on the windbreak, they were I think adjustable but were only made of plastic (didn't look very robust) and were 3.99 each which I thought a bit expensive - but the idea is sound.

Carol

Archived