Parking Grange over Sands

Poppy

Spent weekend at cc club site at Grange over Sands. Lovely site and lovely weather. Decided to drive into Grange itself and spend a couple of hours there. Found carpark. Parked. Read all regulations. We weren't in Coach bay.We have a 6 metre by 2.14 metre Hymer van. Parked in single slot slightly overshooting back. Not obstructing anyone. Were we an HGV as HGV according to regs there is anything of 3.500kgs up. Our maximum is 3.500kgs. Not wanting a £60 fine we went to tourist office to enquire. Lady there didn't know either. Said there had been some trouble there with motorhomes and sugested we went to Berners carpark as it was nearly always nearly empty and ideal. We could transfer parking ticket we had paid for so we did just that. It is much better and cheaper actually. However motorhome parking is fraught isn't it?

Hopeless she cried , particularly in England, so we must therefore be incredibly grateful to graham [www.motorhomeparking.co.uk] {adoptive smoggie] jh

We used to park right at the top of the town and walk back along the prom. Then call in at a most excellent butchers in the town for us tea :->

B-)

Poppy - 2007-10-09 5:42 PM

Spent weekend at cc club site at Grange over Sands. Lovely site and lovely weather. Decided to drive into Grange itself and spend a couple of hours there. Found carpark. Parked. Read all regulations. We weren't in Coach bay.We have a 6 metre by 2.14 metre Hymer van. Parked in single slot slightly overshooting back. Not obstructing anyone. Were we an HGV as HGV according to regs there is anything of 3.500kgs up. Our maximum is 3.500kgs. Not wanting a £60 fine we went to tourist office to enquire. Lady there didn't know either. Said there had been some trouble there with motorhomes and sugested we went to Berners carpark as it was nearly always nearly empty and ideal. We could transfer parking ticket we had paid for so we did just that. It is much better and cheaper actually. However motorhome parking is fraught isn't it?

i agree, i know this has been discussed before, but as a newbie m/homer i,ve discovered the problems ist hand, if go over in 2bays, can you pay twice and be legal, can i go in the coach park and pay etc etc, we tried to park in blanaue ffstiniog,i know it,s not right,we read the reg,s from top to bottom but still didn,t know if we were legal so went elsewhere so the traders lost out, the fine of £60 was not worth the risk, perhaps the way forward might be to contact the chamber of commerce of m/home unfriendly towns & cities

bigal55 - 2007-10-10 6:54 PM

i agree, i know this has been discussed before, but as a newbie m/homer i,ve discovered the problems ist hand, if go over in 2bays, can you pay twice and be legal, can i go in the coach park and pay etc etc, we tried to park in blanaue ffstiniog,i know it,s not right,we read the reg,s from top to bottom but still didn,t know if we were legal so went elsewhere so the traders lost out, the fine of £60 was not worth the risk, perhaps the way forward might be to contact the chamber of commerce of m/home unfriendly towns & cities

The main problem is that the rules vary from place to place.

Good idea to point out to chambers of commerce that their members may be losing out due to the attitude of their local authority.

Graham

Archived