Autumn Colour

starvin marvin

We fancy a trip in England to see some Autumn leaf colour. We live in the East Midlands, (somebody's got to). I know we've got Sherwood Forest/The Dukeries on the door step, but we've been there dozens of times.

Any suggestions on a location or a website that may give some info on this.

Re the question of the Truma Combi Heater I raised a couple of days ago. Thanks for the replies, I'm still trying to understand what I'm dealing with.

A few suggestions of where you can see "Autumn colour":

Shropshire, a truly beautiful county with hills and valleys and of course Wenlock Edge, a limestone escarpment cutting across the mid to western part of the county.

Or what about the lakes? You must be able to see some "Autumn colour" up there.

Warwickshire, despite having the M40 running through it there are plenty of pretty little villages in this gorgeous county.

Moving further into the Cotswolds you have Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and a bit of Worcestershire.

What about Wales? You're bound to find some "Autumn colour" in the principality.

That's just a few to get you started. (lol)

D.

We have the same idea in mind as you for the coming week, our idea so far is to put the 5 day forcast on for the weather, then accordingly pick out of Lake District (CCC club sit Keswick) alway excellent location, Isle of Anglsey, or Bettws-y-coed, all have lovley Autumn colour. Cheers Carol.

If you wanted to make a nice weekend of it you could try the Savernake Forest in Wiltshire.  The Savernake is on the outskirts of the old coaching town of Marlborough and you could stay at the Postern Hill Forestry Commision site.

Marlborough is on the old A4 London Road and has a Saturday market.  A few miles to the west is Silbury Hill and the stone circle at Avebury, which I think is better than Stonehenge personally.

From Avebury its a short drive, through fantastic open countryside, to the market town of Devizes with it's Kennet and Avon canal and the famous Cann Locks.

The countyrside around there is wonderful as is the multitude of tree colours in the Savernake.

Savernake1.jpg.7cc9d2fea23b6c9d63ecad0f0430b510.jpg

Savernake2.jpg.b0d1e50523b525d07488631bf5499494.jpg

Savernake3.jpg.923d9e5edab3584600636a9d2b55f70c.jpg

Savernake4.jpg.0c47ee29a72a9dd9518a76a6ea882a22.jpg

Archived