Swift Sundance

jjv

jjv - 2007-10-12 3:08 PM

Hi, Can any owners of a Swift Sundance 2007 give me their views please.

this is a post i made on a thread on m/home matters. we have just bought our i,st m,home, ace milano, swift, bessacar by another name, different trim,i read the reports of problems with swift m/homes, so as it was in stock went over it with a fine tooth comb, also made sure everything worked on the p.d.i. faults: a water hose to the washroom basin came off on i,st trip,probably vibration, reconnected it, no problems since.the taps worked like mc,guns after 2 days, the filter bowl wasn,t tightened, again fixed myself, no further problems. would i buy again, yes, but only if the m/home was in stock but this would apply to all manufacturers,you can inspect it thoroughly also we got loads of extras plus £5000 off the list price.

• 1 year later...
We owned a swift sundance (2006) for 15 months our first motorhome did not have many problems gave us alot of pleasure used it for both summer and winter usage done very well in all conditions only changed it this week due to my husband being in love with the bolero and exchanded for a good price.

Hi iiv

we have a 2006 Swift Sundance 590RS (Lifestyle) The Marquis version Very happy with it. we spend up to Three months a time in it.

They changed the interior slightly 2007, which i personelly did not like as much (Just my opinion)

Pauline

Hi,

You do not say what model Sundance you wish to look at mine is a Swift Suntor 580 PR (Sundance rebadged for brownhills ) I did a living with article that was published in the October MMM. I have had a few problems with the build quality but it is ok now I have sorted the problems. Drives like a dream and is very comfortable to use. Swift still have a habit of not clipping the waste pipes properly allowing the rear wheels to wear them away its worth just running your hand under the rear wheel arch to check. I can supply photos and info if you want, just send me a PM with your email

Regards Geoff

Geoff

remember reading your live in article in the MMM. We love our Swift, a few niggly things though. Have you noticed there is nowhere to put the shampoo soap etc when the shower interior doors are closed?

We've bought a hanging wire basket from Woolies closing down sale, will try this out.

Noticed your waste drain fell off I think, if I remember right. Photos would be appreciated if you still have them.

We have a problem with the step, it will only move half way. GOing in to brownhills Newark to get it fixed, they are offering a habitation and engine first service for £300. This doesn't seem to be too bad, Fiat are asking £175.00 for the first engine service.

Know this sounds strange, but when checking the tyre pressures the notice in the door says 2.2 bar. The max pressure printed on the tyres is stated less than this. Any ideas on this one?

Finally have the seals turned black around the external hatches? We have contacted Swift about this and they are sending us some cleaner and new sealant hopefully.

Best Regards

trev

MotorhomeViews - 2009-01-15 5:19 PM

Know this sounds strange, but when checking the tyre pressures the notice in the door says 2.2 bar. The max pressure printed on the tyres is stated less than this. Any ideas on this one?

That doesn't sound right! As a guess I would have thought tyre pressures to be higher, are you sure that souldn't be 3.2bar?

HI Trev,

Recommended tyre pressures on the door lable and tyres are 5.00 bar front 5.5bar rear I keep mend around this and find it ok. I have moved my waste rank further back and raised it by turning the mounting brackets upside down andre plumbing the waste so that the the pipes from the sink run down hill to the tank rather thank up round the rear suspension.

The problem with the step is that it collects the spray from front wheels give the joints a good spray with silcone or PTFE spray and fit front mud flaps this will cure the problem. will email you with some photos

Regards Geoff

• 1 month later...
Guest ...Somewhere...
We have just joined up and saw your request. We are owners of a Sundance and after 12 months are still as happy with it as the day we bought it :-) . A bit more storage underneath would be nice.

Hi David

welcome to the forum. It.s nice to see there are others who are happy with thier Sundance .(590RS) The mark 2 Fiat Ducato (no judders) Had ours from new 2006, suits us great, plenty of room for two, as we go on long trips 3 months, so need the space for all the bits and bobs (not quiet the kitchen sink) carry on enjoying your M/H

Pauline

i have a swift sundance 630L bought it second hand 5 yrs ago it has been very reliable ,added lots of extras .the main thing i found was the sundance was short on outside storage so had beenyboxs fitted.few changes inside to meet our needs ,would have new model if could aford it

Archived