Ferry across to Tangiers or Morocco

Bartonfolk

Can anyone give us advice please. We are in Spain over Christmas / New Year with Mororhome staying at La Manga. We then want to head South and want to find a camp site near where we can catch the Ferry across to Tangiers or similiar as foot passengers. Time won't allow us to take the Motorhome, so we just wanted 1/2 days there. So we are looking for a secure site in Spain, somewhere near the best Ferry port.

When you take the ferry as a foot passenger you dont get the feel of Morocco, as you usualy land in Tangeir, to get the best of Morocco take your van accross even for a short trip and head south and you will find it totaly diffrent from Tangeirs, people very freindly and i would say as safe as Spain if not safer costs aprox £160 return and well worth it we have done this trip every winter for the last 7 years and if all goes well well be back this year

As Pedro says, Tangier is about as un-Moroccan as you can get……..Many who visit never return to Morocco again. Visit inland, real Morocco, and you will almost certainly return.

A bit of planning and research is needed for ferry cost. Cheapest at the moment [for Xmas/New year crossing] is a “promo” crossing at 210euro return. But it could cost up to 350euro +. Shop around if you have time.

Just 40 mins south from Tangier you have Asilha and a bit further Chefchaoun [spelling?], both great towns with good campsites. If you have time you can now take the Coastal Motorway, non-stop, from Tangier too Marrakech.

Have a look at the www.desertdetours.com site, they often have cheap “promo” ferry tickets and now have Motorhomes for hire in Morocco.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

just a thought

last year i enquired with my van insurer regarding leaving the van on a secure campsite in benidorm while we went on a 3 day trip to valencia with a local tour operator.

the answer was

'the van will not be not covered '

berti

Archived