Caravan Club Credit Card

Miami

If you use the Club card then you might be interested in this story.

My card was due for renewal this month and as I was aware that the club had changed from Frizzell to Goldfish, I rang the club to ask if we would be able to monitor the card on line as I found the old card difficult to manage as you are only aware if anyone has used it fraudently when the paper statement arrived.

I was assured that one of the main reasons for the changeover was that so many members had requested this service they had agreed with Goldfish that they would be able to offer this in the latter half of the 1st quarter next year.

Meanwhile I had emailed Goldfish to check that this was the case. (They are a nightmare to telephone - Frizzell wasn't). After 10 days I received a reply saying that they had no immediate plans to offer this service and indeed they could not see it happening in the near future.

I have now sent a copy of this email to the Club and am awaiting a reply.

If you are also concerned about this, can I suggest to all those who are going to the show next week that they make their views known at the Club stand.

Had I known all this I would not have renewed my card as I want to be able to monitor it on a daily basis. I can with my other card which I will now continue to use as opposed to the Club card (Free nights or not!).

I agree. I also felt that the recent issue of new cards was done with very little notice. As we are, by definition, a mobile lot, we may very well have been away from home and suddenly unable to use the old card. Also, I have been commanded to issue a new Direct Debit Mandate to the Bank to pay my monthly account. Again, if we were away this wouldn't have been possible and I would then have, unawares, been landed with an extra bill for credit charges.

Months ago, we were told by the Caravan Club, that changes to the Credit Card were being made, but the interests of the members would still be important. What a laugh!!!

These views will be communicated to the Club at NEC.

Neil B

I have sacked the CC Card over it's swap to Goldfish. When our new cards arrived, you had to dial an 0800 number to register them. No prob I thought, but could I get through? Could I heck. Yes we will miss the site vouchers but am looking forward to the following, online statements and payments, 2p per litre off fuel and a 1% credit when you shop instore. Not interested in any interest free caper as we pay off in full. Doubtless someone will know of something better (for them), but this card suits us fine.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2007-10-13 3:03 PM I have sacked the CC Card over it's swap to Goldfish. When our new cards arrived, you had to dial an 0800 number to register them. No prob I thought, but could I get through? Could I heck. Yes we will miss the site vouchers but am looking forward to the following, online statements and payments, 2p per litre off fuel and a 1% credit when you shop instore. Not interested in any interest free caper as we pay off in full. Doubtless someone will know of something better (for them), but this card suits us fine. Martyn

What card is this M'lud?

LordThornber - 2007-10-13 3:55 PM Sorry Tony, left the important bit off 8-) It's Asda's which is run by GE Capital. Martyn

Tony? Don't confuse me with that mental case if you don't mind!

We were also unhappy with the way the changeover happened, very short notice indeed. For anyone on holiday abroad for just a few weeks at the time, who had only taken their CC card with them, the would've been in serious trouble. When we had to activate the cards we didn't have a problem though, straight through to the line although it was a bit confusing until I got the hang of it, managed to activate all 4 cards - separate CC account each, with a card a piece on each one - don't ask, it just ended up that way orignally and we never changed it!

We've just got a statement this morning from the CC, we'd already had a previous one but were told not to pay it on the statement itself as another would be issued. This latter statement has got our points wrong, we put over £700 through since the last statement and have only got 3 points awarded!!!!! 8-) Couldn't get them on the phone, constantly engaged, or we got a message saying you were in a queue and it would be at least 5 minutes before we were dealt with ... 0845 number, I know it's not the dearest out there but it's not the cheapest either!

Anyone else confused by their latest 'statement'????? :-S

This is the email I received from Goldfish

From: Goldfish Customer Services [mailto:Customer.Services@goldfish.com]
Sent: 08 October 2007 18:55
To:
Subject: RE: Caravan Club

Good Evening

Thank you for your e-mail.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. 

Please note the ability to manage your account on line is not presently available for your card type. 

This may be available in the future however there are no immediate plan to introduce this additional service.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards

Margaret

Customer Liaison

Let's send a load of emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not have Caravan Club credit card from Frizzell but did have their CSMA one which has also been replaced by one from Goldfish. I have cancelled this new card as not only do I feel rather cast aside by Frizzell (or lately Liverpool Victoria)with whom I have been with a very long time but also at how the change over to a Goldfish credit card was made. I was abroad during September and was not aware that my CSMA card had been made obsolete. I would have appreciated a couple of weeks grace to overcome any difficulties caused by the change over.

John Lewis 8o|

Never do and never will ever use any oddball CC apart from just one that covers me everywhere thankyou. Surely one is enough?

You don't really think its all a free-be do you? You are all paying for your own card in phone calls and frustrtion, and its all a tag to get you to pay for something else that normaly you would not have done.

I don't want any free nights, I pay as I go, simple, in fact its very simple.

Charlie&me - 2007-10-14 11:07 PM Never do and never will ever use any oddball CC apart from just one that covers me everywhere thankyou. Surely one is enough? You don't really think its all a free-be do you? You are all paying for your own card in phone calls and frustrtion, and its all a tag to get you to pay for something else that normaly you would not have done. I don't want any free nights, I pay as I go, simple, in fact its very simple.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about!

Get your facts right before you make stupid comments!

If you pay your card off monthly, you don't pay anything. The card charges are paid by the retailer or supplier and the offers are designed to ensure that you use the card as much as possible. Problem now is that you have to spend £2500 before you get a free site night voucher, used to be £1000.

Don't think anyone has suggested you have more than one card as you can use the CC card anywhere. We use the Nationwide because we don't get charged exchange. If you don't get any advantages from using your card then you have got the wrong one and perhaps you are the oddball!

Just received this today from Goldfish!
Things may be looking up
Dear John

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are intending to launch the online facility, however, due to the aount of work involved with transferring all account information onto our system, this will not be available immediately.

With regards to our Automated System, we are experiencing high call volumes at the moment, mainly due to the migration of Liverpool Victoria accounts along with our regular volumes of Goldfish and Morgan Stanley accounts. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Kind regards

Bruce
Customer Services

You can probably set up a direct debit mandate by phone for the Goldfish/CC credit card.

I did this with my Goldfish/CSMA card when it was moved from Liverpool Victoria.

(I don't think this is mentioned in the Goldfish or LV literature. I was offered the opportunity during a telephone conversation with the Goldfish help-desk.)

My card was a Morgan Stanley one and is now Goldfish. The only change was a letter telling me what was happening. I run my account on line, pay it off on line and have had a new card, and only had to ring the same 0800 number to register it. Other than that no change, I have just checked and the card still says "Morgan Stanley" on it.

If they can do it for that organisation, perhaps it is something to do with the way the CC had things set up previously.

What's up with Goldfish as a card company anyway that you are all ditching it? Have I missed something?

I've long been a member and supporter of the CC but the way it has managed the Club Credit Card has been very unsatisfactory, if not disgraceful.

Not mentioned on this particular thread is the fact that the original Frizzell's card was heavily marketed on the basis that no charges were made for transactions in foreign currencies; and I suspect that that was why many people signed up - me included. That benefit was soon withdrawn following the transfer to Morgan Stanley and now Goldfish -adding significantly to the costs of touring abroad.

If the benefit of zero charges for foreign transactions and real time, on line, access to your account is important to you I suggest you take out a Nationwide Credit Card. That might also demonstrate to the CC that it can't get away with adopting the business practices of city spivs.

Vernon

I am in the process, (?), this morning/afternoon of trying to pay my LVBS Caravan Club C Card account by Maestro. Please can those who have stayed with Goldfish (the new provider), be aware of the current service level the are providing. It is dire, I cannot pay my bill no matter how I try. Apart from posting a cheque which of course is at risk from the Postal strikes what do I do? I have tried every number I can find, to no avail. Even their automated payment system didn't work. Glad to be shut of them, what an appalling service.

Martyn >:-( >:-(

Oh boy, it gets better and better. I have finally got in touch and guess what? I am not allowed to pay because the account has been closed. Yes of course it has but I still have to pay the account up. Apparently I have to wait for a new statement to arrive with a different account number on which applies to my old account. Confused? I give up, I have never had to try so hard to give money away.

Martyn

Thanks for the comments John, gratefully accepted.

Stupid....maybe

Old and decrepid.........yes

Have parents........yes

Intelligent...........don't know.

Street wise........maybe

And...........been around the world running a business and made a few million now aim to pass on some worthwhile experience

The system........by offering 'bait' is designed to remove your cash.

Insults..........feel free

PS........the card in question is a Caravan Club "TYPE", not a general banking card

Charlie&me - 2007-10-15 3:08 PM The system........by offering 'bait' is designed to remove your cash. Insults..........feel free PS........the card in question is a Caravan Club "TYPE", not a general banking card

Hi Charlie or me!

No wish to insult anyone but I fail to see how offering free site night vouchers is designed to remove my cash from my pocket. I pay my card at the end of each month so I do not and never have paid interest charges. My money stays in my deposit account for at least 6-8 weeks

Please give me the benefit of your experience as it is obviously greater than mine and I must be missing a trick or two.

Hubby tried to pay our charges on line, unfortunately the details he'd been sent in the 'letter' were wrong where it told him to pay Goldfish - he managed to get someone on the phone and was told he had to select 'Morgan Stanley' and not 'Goldfish' as the 'who to pay' bit. When he did this he was then able to pay the bill but it is a bit worrying that this was wrong in the official letter. Also, we can't get through to the 'Customer Services' bit (different section from the one he managed to get hold of), we've been trying on and off since Saturday morning and still can't get through to find out where our missing 'points' have gone. >:-(

Apologies if this thread is getting a bit tired. I gave up and went to the bank and paid the bill (see earlier posts), wow what a yawn that was, going to a bank, what's all that about?? I jest of course. Just had my first taste of Asda credit card customer service, it was 1st class, won't bore you with it all but they are clearly taking the lead from their US owners Wal Mart.

Martyn (100,000 shares in Wal Mart) :D

Don't worry about you tracking them down, just cancel your direct debit or don't send them any money and they will come looking for you! It might cost you some interest, but depending how much you owe it might be cheaper than premium rate phones and time spent hanging on listening to someone tell you how much they value you, but they still ignore you.

Archived