VOSA Re-calls

Has any member ever acted on a VOSA re-call for there vehicle ???

The reason I ask I looked at the VOSA site on Monday for any recalls on my Lunar Roadstar 620, This vehicle is registered 2007 but is the old model Fiat Ducato 2.8jtd, I entered the Vin/chassis No. and found a re-call notice for the brake servo I telephoned my local Fiat garage and quoted all the relevant details and the lady said as far as her details go there is no recalls for this vehicle but I could ring Fiat UK and they would confirm this.

I rang Fiat UK and informed the agent of my information and he told me exactly the same thing, there is no re-calls for your chassis No. but I could re-check with my Fiat garage when my vehicle has it's first service, as this is not going to be for another year it is a bit concerning when it has to do with brakes. >:-)

Terry

Guest Tracker

Yes several times once each for Peugeot, Citroen, BMW and Toyota.

Never had a problem always quickly done with a smile and a courtesy car when needed -

I have a 2006 Fiat based van too but mine is a 2.3 so I will ask Fiat for clarification.

I have checked up on this one too as my chassis number is in the range stated, and my local Fiat agent rang me back to say that it is not all vehicles within that range, only certain types (presumably not motorhomes), but Vosa will issue a recall if your vehicle is affected. so I have just decided to sit and wait. I will add that I have also had a recall from Fiat for a fault on a Punto which was seven years old. So that gives me confidence in their recall proceedures

Colin

Hi.

I think the recall you are referring to is replacement of the EGR valves on 2.0 JTD models. Apparenty water can enter the valve vents and get into the vacuum servo pipes. In winter the water can freeze and affect brake servo assistance. It can also crack the valves.

Incidently I had mine recalled and valves changed and new vents fitted on end of short hoses attached to valves. They sit under a plastc cover mid top of engine bay. The dealer made a right mess of the modifications and positioned the valves wrong, one resting against a plate with water stains on it, and other pushed up agaist the cover when refitted, dealing it off. Also left out spacers in rubber mounts for EGR valves and damaged one of my headlight protectors when dropping bonnet closed.

I worked out how the pipes shpuld all be routed and corrected, fotted missing spacers in rubber mounts, and later checked a newer model factory fitted with update to conform I had correct.

However I thought this recall only affected vehicles up to about Jan 2005 but I may be remembering that wrong.

While i am typing this, will take opp to mention a recent problem on my 2003 2.0JTD. Rear Wheel cylinder failed end of summer ... siezed up binding brakes on and leaking..31k miles. Other side went a fortnight ago 31.5K miles. Both badly corroded internally around seal area and yet fluid was changed at 2 years old and suspicion now they have been seizing from new as I no longer have steering pull when moving off at junctions sometimes. Never linked it to braking hard when stopping but in hindsight it was. I always assumed road surface, wheel slip and too much power. Interesting also I never stall either which happened occassionally and vehicle for 1st time rolls back on anything not perfectly level. So I am convinced it has been a problem form new but how the heck do I convince FIAT of this in a claim against them. So new wheel cylinders now fitted and will replace drums (quite worn now) and shoes shortly as I feel overheating has not done them any good. What has annoyed me is binding brakes has not been detected when MOTs where carried out.

And there was me thinking the lorries passing me occasssionaly where emitting the burning brake smell...it was me all the time.

Jon.

Brambles - 2007-10-13 11:48 PM

Hi.

I think the recall you are referring to is replacement of the EGR valves on 2.0 JTD models. Apparenty water can enter the valve vents and get into the vacuum servo pipes. In winter the water can freeze and affect brake servo assistance. It can also crack the valves.

Incidently I had mine recalled and valves changed and new vents fitted on end of short hoses attached to valves. They sit under a plastc cover mid top of engine bay. The dealer made a right mess of the modifications and positioned the valves wrong, one resting against a plate with water stains on it, and other pushed up agaist the cover when refitted, dealing it off. Also left out spacers in rubber mounts for EGR valves and damaged one of my headlight protectors when dropping bonnet closed.

I worked out how the pipes shpuld all be routed and corrected, fotted missing spacers in rubber mounts, and later checked a newer model factory fitted with update to conform I had correct.

However I thought this recall only affected vehicles up to about Jan 2005 but I may be remembering that wrong.

While i am typing this, will take opp to mention a recent problem on my 2003 2.0JTD. Rear Wheel cylinder failed end of summer ... siezed up binding brakes on and leaking..31k miles. Other side went a fortnight ago 31.5K miles. Both badly corroded internally around seal area and yet fluid was changed at 2 years old and suspicion now they have been seizing from new as I no longer have steering pull when moving off at junctions sometimes. Never linked it to braking hard when stopping but in hindsight it was. I always assumed road surface, wheel slip and too much power. Interesting also I never stall either which happened occassionally and vehicle for 1st time rolls back on anything not perfectly level. So I am convinced it has been a problem form new but how the heck do I convince FIAT of this in a claim against them. So new wheel cylinders now fitted and will replace drums (quite worn now) and shoes shortly as I feel overheating has not done them any good. What has annoyed me is binding brakes has not been detected when MOTs where carried out.

And there was me thinking the lorries passing me occasssionaly where emitting the burning brake smell...it was me all the time.

Jon.

Hi Jon

Yes this is the re-call I was concerned about but the article I read from Vosa just stated the Fiat Ducato and did not mention engine engine size,

I just assumed that as my Vin no. was in the range that they quoted my vehicle was one of the effected vehicles, but as mine is 2.8jtd I assume that is how my motorhome is not in that range

Terry

(lol) (lol) (lol)

I checked out our van on the Vin numbers given, rang our local dealer and they said there was no recall on our vehicle, not happy i rang Fiat UK, they did state our van was not in the the figures requested but was within the numbers issued on VOSA site, so the nice chap i spoke to stated not all the vehicles within these figures are on the recall list, as already mentioned.

Just to add i have had a recall this week on our 2003 Fiat Ducato, regarding the Swivel fitted to either or both of front seats, which is necessary to be replaced.

The Swift Group has notified VOSA on this issue.

This is stated at the bottom of letter should anybody wish to contact Swift.

If you require any further information do not hesitate to contact a member of our Customer Service Care Team on 01482 875740

Archived