Cycle Paths/Maps - Source

MandyAndy

Can anyone recommend a particular publisher of these, we need them for France and UK.

Where will we find the best ones, I understand you can find some in Tourist Info places in France are they any use?

We go on Friday for 10 days and hope to cycle alot but could do with an idea on routes etc.

Is there anywhere on the net that is a good source of routes or trails that I could print off?

thanks in advance

Mandy

Sorry don't have any maps but can really recommend Ille-de-re just off La Rochelle, this is one of the best places ever for cycling the whole island is devoted to cyclists with probably over 100 miles of cycle ways nearly all flat, but not only is the cycling good it is also a very beautiful little island with oysters been sold on the cycle ways and lovley little harbour towns and markets really recomend it, if you want any more info on it send me a pm. happy travelling. Carol.

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2007-10-13 7:06 PM

another thread about psychopaths? *-)

I was gonna say that but as I are one and I couldn't spell it I decided not to.

Thanks for the link, thats great all I need for over here I think.

Just France to go now, wish I could read French would make links alot easier.

Will let you know how we get on, not sure I will be able to sit at computer for a while when we get back, but got lots of my own padding so shouldn't be too bad. :->

Mandy

we found that most local tourist information places had details of cycle routes - try googling for the district you're interested in - there are a lot of cycle routes over there - [maybe nearly as many as in the Netherlands :D :D :D ]

B-)

someone somewhere signs on as randonneur - maybe they can help

Guest JudgeMental
Hymer C 9. - 2007-10-13 7:47 PM

Sorry don't have any maps but can really recommend Ille-de-re just off La Rochelle, this is one of the best places ever for cycling the whole island is devoted to cyclists with probably over 100 miles of cycle ways nearly all flat, but not only is the cycling good it is also a very beautiful little island with oysters been sold on the cycle ways and lovley little harbour towns and markets really recomend it, if you want any more info on it send me a pm. happy travelling. Carol.

Yes I'll second that, miles of safe flat cycling and a lovely island.

Hi, Yes it is gorgeous there, we went in the summer holls and saw them all riding round. Sadly we didn't have the bikes with us then.

It is just a bit lower than we wanted to go this time as we didn't want to go below Honfleur really. We are going out to the forest region between Honfleur and Rouen , just wondered if anyone had been in there and if it is as nice as it looks.

Thanks again all you lovely people, and see you next Saturday Judge by the sounds of it. My mum says Brugge is gorgeous so really looking forward to it.

Mandy

....and just inland from the Ile-de-Re is the Marais area, sometimes called 'Green Venice' ( Venise Verte ) also very flat.

Usually lots of green canals but we were there a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that it was not as 'green' as usual, something to do with their bad weather earlier in the year I guess.

There's an aire at the main village of Coulon. The site we stayed on is now closed I think.

Yes Green Venice is another great area for cycling spent a week on the same site as yourselves, noticed that a lot of French Motorhomes were parked on the car park in the centre of town and we did not see any moved on, there are toilets etc on the car park, but again the area is probablly higher up than you are wanting to travel this time. Carol.

Archived