toyota hiace newlander

Guest acehi

Hi all trying to get some information, Having owned various motorhomes and campers the last one 5 years ago which some kind person decided they would like it free although it was in my drive alarmed up with a hefty crook lock on it just disappeared one night nothing was heard...... but I have just about got over it . I acquired the toyota about one year ago off ebay on one of my mad nights bought without viewing caught the train and drove it back through the night 200 odd miles, what a laugh that was but thats another story. I have done loads of work on it mostly taking out so called improvements to get it somewhere near original, and also using it as a rolling restoration been somerset devon cornwall and quite a few weekends so its taking a long while. I dont half go on dont I. Anyways if anyone happens to own one, I know there a few out there ,or has any info on who made the conversion in fact absoloutely any thing . The only bit of info is that the pick up its based on is the twin headlight model manufactured in 1976 by 1977 they had gone to single headlight.

Much thanks Kev

Guest Tracker

I never owned one but, being of a certain age, I remember them as new and they were always popular due to the indestructible Toyota chassis.

I seem to recall that Newlander were a small independent constructor who ceased trading in the late seventies or early eighties but the real person to ask is Martin Watts of MMM 'life in the slow lane' feature fame.

Thanks loads for the fast response you are right about the chassis 1st rate, to be truthful when I first got it I hated it never drove anything like it before and I can assure you I have had some weird vehicles now I love it, think I have finaly cracked, but it makes me smile everytime I drive it.

Kev

Archived