limescale build up

ike

Hi Folks This may have been asked before, if so - apologies. I have a problem with what I think is limescale build up in the washhand basin in my van. I've tried using the de-scaler stuff for kettles but to no avail. I have managed to remove most of it by gently scraping but it's a recurring problem and I don't want to cause damage to the basin. Any ideas? I think it more happens when we're in France/Spain. I don't want to have to rinse the basin with bottled water after every use! Thanks

ike

I have recently discovered a product called Lime Lite, made by Henkel.

It is a gel, so it stays put until it has dissolved the limescale so is excellent for those fiddly areas around taps etc. It comes in a green bottle and costs £1 in my local market.

Hope that helps! (lol)

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2007-10-15 6:09 PM

I've looked on the back of the bottle and it doesn't warn against using it on plastic.

But the van handbooks warn against using harsh chemicals and suggest warm soapy water only or their own proprietary products.

On the other hand they would wouldn't they to avoid claims by folk who used thinners or petrol on a plastic sink and wondered why it melted.

And yes I did once meet someone stupid enough to try it!

Archived