satellite retailers

jes

I know that this has been done to death but I am going to the NEC to view some satellite systems and talk to the dealers, whilst talking to a dealer today they said that Transleisure had now become part of oyster but I thought they were oyster and that they had closed thier newark office (was quite close to me)

can someone throw some light on this and also another supplier near newark

thanks

we have just had ours installed by BSS in royston near cambridge, brilliant little outfit, free pitch for the weekend so made a break of it, highly recommended, a little way out from you i know but totally brilliant system and very neat installation.

Hello All,

I have a relatively cheap sat-nav (a Tom-tom 1), and it does help a lot, BUT and it's a big BUT , it does keep trying to send us down impossibly narrow lanes, so far we have been lucky with no damage or accidents, I have tried the various quickest/ shortest/limited speed options but it still thinks we are a motorbike and not a motorhome (not a particularly big one luckily !) I have downloaded POi's for Low bridges (anything under 11 feet sets a loud bell ringing !) and Caravan Club sites and CL's (which are reasonably accurate,with 1 or 2 exceptions, Treamble Valley and Ayr for instance) . Do the more expensive SAT-Navs do any better ? can you enter the fact that you are a Motorhome ? can you limit your jouney to A and B class roads ? can you enter a minimum road width ? I think Sat-Navs are great , Should I get a more expensive one ?

If so, which one is best for Motorhomes ?. Thanks Ray. :D

davenewell@home - 2007-10-16 7:28 AM Transleisure have closed their Leeds branch, which was their original base, and transferred their whole operation to the new Newark setup. Don't know about them being taken over by Oyster (Ten Haaft), can't really see that somehow. They are the sole UK importer of Oyster systems though. D.

Had a chat with the "Transleisure " lads today at the NEC.

They are now owned by and trading as Ten Haaft, stand 3042.

Apparantly the Newark site has now closed and they have relocated back to Leeds, but not to the original site.

Same here

We decided against the Oyster due to what was going on at the moment, we found the Teleco to be as well built lets hope that we are proved correct and that edge technology are as efficient when they come out and fit the system

Hi we picked up our new motorhome today and were told by Brownhills that Transleisure closed down (we had the oyster and a TV fitted by them last week) Brownhills said some of the staff from Transleisure had been to see if there were any jobs at Brownhills.

ours is the teleco magicsat, absolutely spot on, like i said before, we went to Bss who where brilliant, but i know there are a couple of dealers closer to home who come out to install, but they where between £100 and £200 more expensive, thats why we went to BSS in cambridge, free weekend away and saved money on the installation which was done inside the dedicated workshop and not outside, which is a must at this time of year to ensure a good seal!!

why not give them a call on 01763 249 749 ask for brian.. or take a look at the website

www.bespoke-solutions.co.uk/index.html

davenewell@home - 2007-10-17 7:23 AM Well you live and learn. Can't figure why they've closed Newark (on which they'd spent a fortune I believe) and gone back to Leeds. D.

Probably bad management, they explained that the move to Newark was a mistake and it didn't generate the level of business required. They were also bussing most of the staff daily from Leeds to Newark and that must have taken a tidy chunk out of any profits.

That was close they were one of three i got quotes from

the other two were Conrad Anderson fitted cruise control excellent workmanship. Oyster on offer at moment

http://www.conradanderson.co.uk/mobilesatellitetelevision/oyster_vision.htm

The other beat them on price free fitting at home and threw in magic eye

Robert jackson of wakefield

http://www.oystersatellite.com/

Pleased with workmanship nice bloke

Pete

Our Oyster was takeing longer to log on than usual, and would say satalite found but TV was saying on signal being recieved. Luckly we were at the York show at the time and Transleisure explained that a new Russian Satalite had been put up and was interfering with with the signals. Fortunatley for us they had been having this problem since early in the year and had a update for it, and is now working better than ever, but what will happen now, will the new companys set up be available to do this type of update when needed. Carol.

catinou - 2007-10-21 10:47 AM Thanks guys, Missed the previous posts on this subject - we could have saved an hour or two trudging around the NEC yesterday! Does anybody know if the self levelling system is going to be taken over by another UK based company please?

Hi Catinou/Jenny.

Was at the show yesterday & spoke with both Bills on their new stand. Under their new name, they are moving back to a new depot in Leeds - around the Gildersome area, which is not far away from their last place before they moved down to Newark.

They hope to be up and running this week. It looks like they are now part of the Ten Hafft company - which owns the Oyster brand.There was a German gentleman on the stand who I took for being the new MD of this set up.

Bill senior - who I've known for a while - told me that he had to shut down the Leeds depot to try and save the Newark branch - due to bad management.

My understanding is that they'll be able to support any recent installs, and that's why maybe Ten Hafft stepped in.There was also a guy called "Andy" who was the technical expert on the stand as well.

Thai

Archived