truma gas regulator elbow

chas

Hi Michele- Unfortunatly I have been to the best of them, with no luck, blank stares, and a intake of breath. Truma dont deal with the public direct and some of the dealers havent a clue. I know the fitting is made but the suppliers telephone no got lost, when I found one a while back. :'(

chas:

The main distributor of Truma products in the UK is Miriad Products Ltd. You'll find contact details for the company on:

http://www.miriad-products.com

I believe what you are looking for is Truma Part No. 50020-56000 and the price (VAT Inc, but ex P&P) in Truma's August 2006 catalogue was £7.23

Miriad's sales people are well clued-up on Truma stuff, so if you tell them what you want (and quote the above Part No.), they'll be able to confirm it's the correct item.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the elbow can't be obtained from 'domestic' gas suppliers nor from Gaslow. It's possible that Calor offers a version though.

Terry:

Would you like to specify the section of the Gaslow website where the item can be found, please (and/or the Gaslow Part Number) as I couldn't spot it?

Gaslow Part Numbers 01-1615 and 01-1620 are 90-degree elbows that would allow a gas 'pigtail' to be connected horizontally to a vertically-mounted fixed 30mbar regulator. However, both include a Gaslow gauge (01-1615/Butane or 01-1620/Propane) that increases the space needed above the regulator's inlet and also significantly increases the price (£17.95). It's generally accepted that such gauges are useless for assessing the amount of LPG remaining in a gas container (though they will show when it's empty!) However they are useful for leak-testing the gas system.

There is also Part Number 01-4210 at £9. This is a 90-degree elbow intended to fit on a Gaslow cylinder, but it's connection types make it unsuitable for attaching a pigtail to a regulator.

Archived