Camera Wiring

parkmoy

I,ve just bought a reversing camera kit and one of the options for wiring in the monitor is to connect one wire to the fuse box +12v DC Acc, another to the +12v reverse light circuit and the third to chassis ground.

I have a 2001 Compass Navigator on Volkswagen Caravelle running gear. I can locate the fuse box in the cab but see no way of making a connection, even if I knew which fuse was which.

Can anyone help with where I might be able to pick up the various feeds and what colour coding they will be? I'd appreciate detailed info if possible because although I'm competent enough with the electrical side I haven't a clue about the physical positioning of auto electrics and I don't have a wiring diagram.

Hi,

It depend if you want your camara to work only in reverse in which case you can wire the positive into the reverse light curcuit at the back of the van

Or work all the time. I wired mine up to the cigar lighter socket via a cigar lighter fused plug and just plugged it in when I wanted it.

Richard

Hi David, I'd take the power from the ignition switch and fit a fuse in the feed to the camera/monitor system. The ignition controlled output from the switch is the solid black wire. For the revers light signal you should be able to get it from the reverse light switch on the gearbox, sorry I don't know the colour for that but you can easily identify it with a multimeter.

D.

Archived