Transleisure

catinou

We have just visited the NEC show and on our list was a self levelling system from Transleisure - thought we would get a better price at the show.

After searching for some time we finally asked somebody from a different company who was using the stand listed on the show map as being Transleisure. We were vey surprised to hear they had "disappeared" last week. Quite what that means we are unsure but were also told that they are in talks with another company to try and keep the satellite system part of their business going but the rest of it is finished......

Just glad we didn't pay on line last week - it is always sad when something like that happens - for all concerned. :-(

catinou - 2007-10-20 8:03 PM

We have just visited the NEC show and on our list was a self levelling system from Transleisure - thought we would get a better price at the show.

After searching for some time we finally asked somebody from a different company who was using the stand listed on the show map as being Transleisure. We were vey surprised to hear they had "disappeared" last week. Quite what that means we are unsure but were also told that they are in talks with another company to try and keep the satellite system part of their business going but the rest of it is finished......

Just glad we didn't pay on line last week - it is always sad when something like that happens - for all concerned. :-(

That's funny I bought some Remis blinds from them a few months ago.

I had a natter to the stall holders. They were previous Transleisure people now working for the company that bought them out. They seemed a bit sad. It was not the only suprise. Someone said that Autocruise were also bought out by Swift. Who next?

Last December Autocruise were acquired via a management buy-out led by former Swift Group MD Joe Anwyll for £13m. Not a lot for all that effort, is it - when camp sites are selling for £5m plus.

The business went into administration earlier this month and has been 'rescued' by Swifts who say they plan to continue running it as a separate business. Current turnover is some £14m (frankly, peanuts in this industry) and there are 140 employees whose jobs have apparently been saved.

Autocruise blamed the poor summer - but who hasn't this year?

Mel E

====

catinou - 2007-10-21 10:47 AM Thanks guys, Missed the previous posts on this subject - we could have saved an hour or two trudging around the NEC yesterday! Does anybody know if the self levelling system is going to be taken over by another UK based company please?

Hi Catinou/Jenny.

Was at the show yesterday & spoke with both Bills on their new stand. Under their new name, they are moving back to a new depot in Leeds - around the Gildersome area, which is not far away from their last place before they moved down to Newark.

They hope to be up and running this week. It looks like they are now part of the Ten Hafft company - which owns the Oyster brand.There was a German gentleman on the stand who I took for being the new MD of this set up.

Bill senior - who I've known for a while - told me that he had to shut down the Leeds depot to try and save the Newark branch - due to bad management.

My understanding is that they'll be able to support any recent installs, and that's why maybe Ten Hafft stepped in.There was also a guy called "Andy" who was the technical expert on the stand as well.

Thai

Thanks Jes, I called Towtal and they said they have fitted for some time (obviously not spent so much on advertising as Transleisure?). I also found 2 other companies by following the links to level tronic site and one is quite close to home. I was a bit disappointed to hear they had only fitted one out of 11 enquiries though and they didn't sound too interested or impressed with the product.

I have now found the place this system is made & fitted is near Verona in Italy, which is a bit of a blow as we were within 12 miles of there when we went to Italy last month. Maybe some things aren't meant to be OR maybe we are supposed to go again?? :-> I know other places install and are nearer but the ice cream & pizza are SO good B-)

Archived