waterproof covers

lunartraveller

Hi lunartraveller,

I have quite a bit of experience with covers on classic cars and you can do a lot of expensive damage if you pick one made from the wrong sort of material, they can cause dulling, scuffing and other damage to the paint that can take a lot of work or money to repair. This is the reason that a lot of people wouldn't use one. Some materials that they are made from are not very durable despite the manufacturers claims. I have had one that was guaranteed for two years that disintegrated after 30 months use due to UV action. I have also had several that have scuffed paintwork causing me a lot of work.

However we have a Protec cover for the motorhome (they are currently also making me one for one of my toys after testing the motorhome one over a long period) and would highly recommend it, I have no connection with them other than a satisfied customer. They are costly, but this is one area that you do indeed get what you pay for.

I have looked at the Fiamma ones and they are not of a very good quality, the material of which is liable to be unkind to your paintwork IMO.

However as usual 'you pays your money you takes your choice'.

Bas

Archived