GAP Insurance

Guest machra

Anyone managed to get Vehicle Replacement GAP Insurance (VRI) for their motorhome? All I can get is Replace To Invoice (RTI) which will not take into account any increase in cost since purchase.

Machra

Can you explain a little more please. I'm not familair with "VRI"

Most policies are based on Cost + cover for personnal effects, etc.

And like most vehicles M/H's depreciate as soon as you first drive off the Dealers forecourt. Unless they are in the few Supercars, etc., that command a premium on list price.

Most insurers allow you to increase the value if expensive accessories are fitted after purchase. most make it a condition of insurance that you notify them anyway.

So not sure where the Increase in "cost since purchase" comes in?

Hi,

I understood that GAP insurance was an additional policy to cover the difference between current market value and the Invoice price paid for the item and as I recall did not in our case represent very good value for money. I don't beleive we were ever offered 'New for Old' except on our caravans for the first year through the Caravan Club Super 5C's and also by what used to be Bakers of Cheltenham before they were absorbed into another larger insurance company.

Bas

We have new for old cover with our motorhome insurance at Comfort for the first 2 years. We were offered GAP by the dealer for 2 years when we bought it for a one off payment of £163. We didn't take it because of the "new for old" on the insurance, which was included in the insurance, not an extra cost.

regards

Geoff

Archived