Rear lounge A class

jfw

Does anyone know of a rear lounge A class? Have only found Hymer B534, but there must be more of them out there, do not want a very lengthy one, just about 20' if possible.

Can anyone help?

thank you

jfw

I suppose you'll struggle as the main feature of an A class (apart from the pull down bed of course) is the fact that the big cab becomes part of the lounge area when the seats are turned.

Good luck and I hope you find what you want.

Hi

We have the Hymer B550 Starline which has a U shaped rear lounge and we think it is excellent. At 5.95metres long it has the drop down bed at the front which makes it ideal for two people as there is no need to use the rear lounge area as a double bed.

Hope this helps

Alan W

jfw - 2007-10-22 11:32 PM

Does anyone know of a rear lounge A class? Have only found Hymer B534, but there must be more of them out there, do not want a very lengthy one, just about 20' if possible.

Can anyone help?

thank you

jfw

We have a rear lounge in our Swift Kontiki 610 its a 2003 but I know they were still available up to 2005 model not sure after that!its about 20' 9" I think 21' with the tow bar bike rack.

We had a Hymer B634 which has a U shape rear lounge. They no longer make those though.

We now have a Hymer 584, as we came to realise that the cab (as has been said on this thread already) is part of the living accommodation. With the 634, the cab seats are really redundant, the passenger one can't be turned round fully, as the bathroom is at the back of it. The driver seat can be turned round, but what is the point? There is no table at the front and the other seating area is at t'other end of the van.

So we decided to go for a different model, got the 584 in May and ever since then, we only use the cab seats to lounge about in, they are soooooooooooo comfortable!

But everybody has their preferences, until now we also preferred the rear lounge layout.

Ina.

• 2 years later...

May I rejoin this thread if anyone is still interested, and update it to 2010?

European makes increasingly seem wedded to the raised rear bed with storage/garage underneath. But from lengthy experience some years back when we did some extensive travelling live-aboard, one of the features of our old van that we most treasured was our rear lounge and what the sales speak calls triple aspect windows.

Having unfortunately been out of motorcaravanning for quite a period (to earn some dosh), what are people's latest thoughts on rear lounge vans?

Equally important to us is winter capability, no frozen pipes and good warmth. So, which models/manufacturers measure up well in these two features?

I am drawn to Hymer for their overall quality and re-sale but am keen to learn of comparisons.

Bill

Archived