Private Mail

tonyishuk

A forum member sent me a PM, to which I have replied.

I replied some hours ago and sent the mail, but the mail is still in the outbox.

Do I have to "do" anything else apart from send ? or is the sending / emptying of the outbox something to do with the management of the site ?

Thanks

Rgds

Guest Tracker

No, if it is still in the outbox it is because he has either not spotted it, spotted it but not opened it, or simply gawn orf site.

I think from experience that once received and opened it goes out of the outbox and into the sent box and that's how you know it has been sent, spotted and read.

tonyishuk - 2007-10-24 9:16 PM A forum member sent me a PM, to which I have replied. I replied some hours ago and sent the mail, but the mail is still in the outbox. Do I have to "do" anything else apart from send ? or is the sending / emptying of the outbox something to do with the management of the site ? Thanks Rgds

Hi Tony

Also, it will stay in your outbox until the person actually logs on & reads it.

If you go to the forum front page & scroll down to the bottom,you'll see who is logged on at the moment.

To confuse things even more, some people don't log off at all, so it is down to the system and the recipient reading the mail.

Also try the persons private e-mail address - if they have one shown in their profile.

Hope this helps.

Thai

Guest Tracker

And although you are shown as logged on as soon as you log on, when you leave without logging off it can take a long while to be shown as logged off - or not shown as logged on to more accurate!

Some folk just minimise the forum and go and do other things online for a while, in which case you are still shown as logged on even though you are not there in person so to speak!

Archived