Polishing my Motorhome

afandy

....Having washed my Motorhome thoroughly...I now want to either wax or try to seal the outside ...Oviously i can car wax the cab ...But the back and roof any recomendations?... the roof looks to be GRP plastic and the rear is aluminium suppose car wax will be ok for that...Perhaps MER ok for the metalwork?

We had ours treated by Paint Seal - 5 year guarantee - with a Teflon type substance. It was really easy to wash those dratted black flies from the front - last year we struggled to get off our last van after a trip to France.

Worth every penny IMO :-D

Hi,

According to the information on the MER container it is suposed to be suitable for Fibreglass bodywork I think if you do a search on this site you will find a lot of suggestions of types and makes of polish that can or can't be used on fibreglass?

my main concern was that i had read somewhere that you must not or should not use any polish that was silicon based on fibreglass whether this is true or not i have never found a definitive answer.

hope this helps

Brian

afandy - 2007-10-25 11:26 AM

....Having washed my Motorhome thoroughly...I now want to either wax or try to seal the outside ...Oviously i can car wax the cab ...But the back and roof any recomendations?... the roof looks to be GRP plastic and the rear is aluminium suppose car wax will be ok for that...Perhaps MER ok for the metalwork?

afandy - 2007-10-25 11:26 AM ....Having washed my Motorhome thoroughly...I now want to either wax or try to seal the outside ...Oviously i can car wax the cab ...But the back and roof any recomendations?... the roof looks to be GRP plastic and the rear is aluminium suppose car wax will be ok for that...Perhaps MER ok for the metalwork?

Hi Andy & welcome

I've used the MER products before on our previous vans.Now using Autoglym products as this was supplied with our new car. Have used Autoglym on our new van recently, and it has done a good job.

Thai

Guest Tracker
I find that any marine type fibreglass polish works at least as well and often better than car type polish and is available from most chandlers and marinas.

Archived