LPG Adaptors for Europe

Don Madge

If you have a refillable gas bottle/tank these are the three adaptors you will need to refill on mainland Europe.

1. Clawgun type filler adaptor - for use when visiting France, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg and many eastern European countries.

2. Acme-type filler adaptor - for use when visiting Belgium & Netherlands. Sometimes the UK Bayonet type gun is found in the Netherlands.

3 The Acme screw-type filler is often found on American motor homes. You will need a Acme to bayonet filler adaptor - those with an Acme screw filler can use this to fill up in the UK and anywhere they come across the Bayonet filler.

If you carry all three adaptors you should have no problems filling up on mainland Europe.

Safe travelling

Don

1786207403_ClawgunAdaptor.jpg.0b17bd75c2716f2499198fd401318dbb.jpg

1146859834_AcmeAdapter.jpg.bba77400962e0584a787f7dcb4c6c641.jpg

Adaptor-bay-Acme-mod_WEB.jpg.d0acdde5e4a13f9b883014756d62137d.jpg

Hi Don,

Just to clear confusion here, does the third one only apply to RV's being filled in UK surely only the first two are required to fill up in Europe if you have a standard UK filling point and the third turns a US point into a UK one, or am I missing something.

Bas

Basil - 2007-10-26 2:48 PM

Sorry Don, still mildly confused. So do you mean that the third one applies to RV owners only then?

Just trying to be sure I haven't slipped up and I don't need to get one for some filling pump I haven't seen.

Bas

Bas,

Basically yes.

As long as you have 1 & 2 and have the Bayonet fitting on your van you should be able to fill up anywhere in Europe and Turkey.

Don

Hi Don just noticed, that acme to bayonet you show a picture of is not the best for an RV, as it has no internal thread to screw the french adaptor into, so I would need a separate acme to french adaptor if I had that.

To fill my domestic tank I screw my acme to bayonet adaptor onto the tank and then the french adaptor in to that.

Olley

Hi Don, sorry didn't explain myself properly, I have an acme on the domestic tank and a bayonet on the propulsion tanks, so using a bayonet with an internal thread means one less adaptor. ie. I don't need the clawgun to acme, as I can screw the clawgun into the bayonet to acme adaptor. My two fixed propulsion fillers are bayonet and have internal threads to take the clawgun.

Olley

Archived