Extractor fans

Tony M

Hi all

Anyone know where I could get a decent extractor fan to fit under the locker above the hob? I've seen them on some vans fitted as original equipment but not much luck from the accessory shops. Dometic do one but the actual fan bit is in a mushroom vent that has to be fitted to the top of the van which would be difficult in my case due to curvature of roof.

I have heard of a brand called Baraldi but no relevant results on Google.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tony

Guest Tracker

If you have a nearby skylight you can get extractors (that both 'blow' and 'suck') that fit in the roof aperture.

However they are noisy and not wonderfully effective.

Just as effective is opening the skylight - except when it's raining!

We have the powered fan skylight in our kitchen area and I'd disagree with Richard on its effectiveness. With three selectable speeds in either direction and an electrically opened skylight that you can have just open, fully open or anywhere in between they're brilliant! Ours clears cooking smells and steam faster than the mains powered extractor in the kitchen at home. Try O'learys or CAK tanks for an extractor hood.

D.

I do have an omnivent with fan which works quite well although it is noisy. I was hoping to replace this with a mini Heki to let in a bit more light and would like to get some extraction above the hob to get rid of cooking smells.

I've tried CAK tanks andO'Learys plus anyone else I can think of but no luck yet. Waudbys have a small circular bathroom type fan with ducting kit which would fit up under the locker bur don't know how effective this would be. Anybody tried one of these?

Tony

Our 'van normally comes with the over cooker type but we specified that it should not be fitted. Instead we had the Omni powered vent in.

Why? Cos the Baraldi is even noisier and not very effective. Also, depending on how it is fitted to the outside, can take away a fair amount of the locker space above it

g4oip - 2007-10-28 10:21 AM

Best performing fans are computor types 12v and silent. Brushless operation and with a pot. adjustable for output.

Hi,

One of our previous motorhomes had a mushroom vent fan which was very noisy so I cut out the electric motor/fan blades and replaced it with a 12v computer fan which was a lot quieter B-). (but they aren't reversible)

It also had a cooker extractor I believe made by Cramer with a similar fan which was also replaced but as stated above it filled half the locker and wasn't that effective

Steve

Archived