Moving to France - Information sources?

snobbyafghan

Well, German VAT is now higher than the French 19.6%, so the advantage may have eroded a bit.

However, if it's a Hymer you're after, I've been told one of the best places to look is a firm in Belgium called Camparama.  Very good prices and, I'm told, very good service as well.  May be worth your while having a look.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, tax is higher on new cars then 19%, this is to take into account no road tax. Can remember the figure off hand without getting all the paperwork out, but it does add a lot onto the price. I did try the company you stated, as we passed near there this year, but did not get a lot of joy.

With the news that the powers that be are trying to reinstate hgv glass for over 3.5 ton, we may hold out for a time as I wanted a larger payload, its a pain towing the quad around and I don,t have free payload for a scooter rack.

Thanks for the info re company. m

Mel B

I started it and I must join you in thanking everyone for a very informative discussion.

As a matter of interest, after doing a lot of research (which this thread conrtibuted to greatly), we've decided against a French move. The compromise is to move closer to the ferry ports with a view to more trips to France in the van without taking that big (and pretty complicated) step of actually moving there.

Thanks again to all who contributed to the thread.

Doug

Archived