Thermal Blinds

mog

Hi! Want to get an external thermal blind for our Talbot Express Elddis Autoquest 400 -1994. However all the websites I've looked at only offer a Talbot Express blind up to 1993 -am I missing something?? (?) (?)

Others with more knowledge may correct me but, I think you'll be OK with an "up to 1993" blind. I've got a 1992 Euramobil overcab on the Peugeot J5 van base.

My reasoning is that the Talbot Express is exactly the same van as the Peugeot J5 and Citroen C25, which all came off the same production line (in Portugal I think) from Peugeot-Citroen group (the group is officially called "PSA" which I think stands for Peugeot Societe Anonime).

So far as I'm aware, the only change they made to the Talbot badged version in 1993 was to move the gearstick from the floor to the dash - the Peugeot version already had it mounted on the dash in 1992, as mine does.

The new range (Boxer, etc) superceded them all part-way through 1994. (And at that time they decided to kill off the Talbot brand name and just go with the names Citroen Jumper and Peugeot Boxer).

Thus my guess is that if you have a 1994 registered van yours was one of the last to come off the old assembly line, and the standard silver screen which fits the Talbot Express/Peugeot J5/Citroen C25 should fit it perfectly.

Incidentally, I've found it's well worth checking with Citroen parts people and dealers as well as Peugeot ones for any mechanical spares, as Peugeot dealers often seem to have even more offensive prices for their branded parts than do Citroen (it's exactly the same part, but just in a differently branded box!!)

Cheers,

Bruce.

Archived