wiper sweep on peugot boxer

Zookeeper

We bought our first van in June. It's an Aurocruise vista on a Boxer. It is great and we've used it lots. The problem I'm having is that the wiper blade does not clear much of the passenger window. Now it's getting darker it is really hard to navigate when you can only see lots of raindrops instead of road signs. Has anyone come up with a neat gaget to solve this? I wondered if a longer rubber put into the wiper arm would work but have decided it would bend too much.

Wendy

( yes, a female who can read a map) :-)

Guest Tracker

If it's a new shape Boxer I don't know - but the old boxer wipers have never given me a problem in many years and many miles of wet holidays.

New blades now and then help as does the occasional twistytweak of the wiper arm to adjust the angle of attack to remove juddering etc.

If it is new why not go see your local friendly Peugeot dealer?

Guest Tracker

Yes Dave the wipers do miss the top corner - but then so do many other vehicles?

I have sat in the n/s seat and navigated therefrom and if I can't read a road sign I just have to lean to the right a bit!

Maybe it's my shape, or the way I sit, but that blind area does not give me any problems from the driver's seat other than negotiating overhanging trees in the wet.

You can fit slightly longer wipers to the passenger side on the previous Boxer but do be aware of the possibility of the two wipers colliding with expensive results and of fouling of the top or side of the windscreen rubber surround.

Best thing is to go to Halfords, park as close to the front door as you can so they can see you and ask if you can 'borrow' different lengths one at a time to see how they cover (without fitting them of course), but I think from memory a 2" longer blade should be OK (that's an inch top and an inch bottom) and you might get away with more.

Look in the parts listing catalogue for the correct length and then find a wiper blade maybe 3" longer to start with.

I've never had a problem with the motor coping with a longer blade.

Archived