Feedback on Fiamma Coverglas

gedger

I bought one of these for our Autosleeper Symbol (Peugeot Boxer) and used it for the first time this weekend at Crystal Palace. Overall conclusion - very poor and not worth the money.

1. The fit of the cover was very disappointing with a large gap at the top. This allowed rain and all manner of tree debris to get behind the cover.

2. Possibly due to the poor fit but the cover made no difference to condensation at all. This is from past experience plus comparison to other vans parked next door with no covers (3 nights comparison).

3. Taking off the cover on the final morning was a total pain as it was soaking wet with external condensation plus tree debris and I still had to wipe the inside of windscreen as well!

4. No noticeable difference in van warmth.

Not a scientific test but it didn't work for me. The only plus point is that the cover packs down nice and small. I think it may be good for the summer, keeping out excessive sunlight but I'll probably eBay it.....

Richard

why cover your van while camping me ansum? surely its beter to let the air around it and let it breathe. mind you, tis funny radio signals around that site so anything could happen i suppose. in winter i always finds it is better to leave our elldis in the middle of one of our fields, if left in a barn we gets all sorts of problems come spring. just a thought antway

fred

Archived