PM stuck in Outbox

snobbyafghan

Guest Tracker
Yes it has been sent but not opened and it will remain in the Out box until it is opened at which time it will enter the Sent box and that is how you know the status of a PM!

michele - 2007-10-30 12:07 PM Because its been talked about lots of times . If it is sitting there then the person you have sent it to is not on line basically . As soon as they come on it disappears from your box . hope this helps

Actually, without wishing to be a purist about it M, it isn't when the recipient goes on line its when they go into their Inbox to read it.

You could have a PM in your inbox for ages and unless the recipient goes into the emailed link or clicks on the inbox above, the message will stay there unread.

Sorry to be so pedantic ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
Way2Go - 2007-10-30 1:13 PM
michele - 2007-10-30 12:07 PM Because its been talked about lots of times . If it is sitting there then the person you have sent it to is not on line basically . As soon as they come on it disappears from your box . hope this helps

Actually, without wishing to be a purist about it M, it isn't when the recipient goes on line its when they go into their Inbox to read it.

You could have a PM in your inbox for ages and unless the recipient goes into the emailed link or clicks on the inbox above, the message will stay there unread.

AND, if they don't bother "logging in" they won't even see that they have mail waiting..... :-D

perhaps you are right . Its just that when I asked I,m sure i was told that it sits there until the person goes on line .

Once they go online it leaves your box and flys into theirs now weather they choose to open it ? I ,m not sure now if this makes it leave your outbox.

Ok perhaps you are correct

JudgeMental - 2007-10-30 1:31 PM
Way2Go - 2007-10-30 1:13 PM

AND, if they don't bother "logging in" they won't even see that they have mail waiting..... :-D
Judge,You can receive an e mail notification of a PM without being logged on. :-D Don

Guest Tracker
Don Madge - 2007-10-30 4:34 PM

You can receive an e mail notification of a PM without being logged on. :-D

Don

But only if you elect for that option on your profile page.

Archived