European Breakdown Cover for a 1994/7.5m/4500Kg MH

Ivys

Hi Folks

The best deal I can find for a European trip (breakdown cover) is £161 from Green Flag for a 1994/7.5m/4500Kg motorhome.

Is this about as good as it gets? I had hoped for a lower premium for a single trip.

thanks

Rog

I'm a bit out of touch on this, as both my bank and my motor insurers give me European breakdown cover.

That's why I'm replying really, to suggest you check whether anyone you're already doing business with throws it in free or cheap - check the detail of the cover though, to be sure it does what you want it to.

Not wishing to advertise, but my bank begins with B, my insurers are very co-operative people, and in both cases I'm just a satisfied customer.

Tony

Thanks Tony

Are you over 3500Kg?

It makes a BIG difference.

Forgot to add: I am already insured with SureTerm and have 11 months to go on my policy. If you don't take their breakdown cover when the policy starts it's too late :-S

Rog

Ivys - 2007-11-02 4:55 PM

Thanks Tony

Are you over 3500Kg?

It makes a BIG difference.

Rog

Rog - he's never been close to that, he's only 5 foot ten for pity's sake!

(He's also van-less at the moment, since his Hannibal went to new owners, so be gentle on him............)

Seriously though - although not directly comparable with the UK situation, I know that the Insurers who provide my MH's European breakdown/recovery policy here in Spain (a Spanish company), wouldn't cover any MH above 3500kgs.

Hi,

I am with comfort insurance 12 months unlimited european cover and breakdown Plus UK cover for insurance an breakdown. Just changed my van fro a compass 3500kg to a brand new hymer 3850kg insurance went up £11 from £395 to £406 and that is for the year.

Richard

Tony Jones - 2007-11-02 5:30 PM

PERRLEEASE! I'm all of 6'1" - in my stocking feet! But you'reright about the weight.

Tony

So are you saying that you wear stockings like Judge then? :-D :-D :-D

Several things come to mind re the Red Pennant Insurance

1. Your van is over TEN years old so there is an increase in premium.

2. It depends on whether you are single or multi trip and your length of stay.

2. It is not just a breakdown insurance but a whole cover against illness and loss of holiday etc.

so are you sure you got the appropriate cover for your needs?

Bas

michele - 2007-11-02 6:22 PM

Rog how did you get this policy please is it through the CC ?

Cheers

No, I went direct. However, as you will see from the other thread, I phoned for confirmation and was told that 3.5 is their max. :-S

I'm driving through Bulgaria and breakdown cover would be ... nice.

Rog

Basil - 2007-11-02 6:42 PM

1. Your van is over TEN years old so there is an increase in premium.

2. It depends on whether you are single or multi trip and your length of stay.

2. It is not just a breakdown insurance but a whole cover against illness and loss of holiday etc.

so are you sure you got the appropriate cover for your needs?

Bas, if you're asking me: I think so! My van is over ten years (13) and it's a single trip.

Rog

Tony Jones - 2007-11-02 4:39 PM

I'm a bit out of touch on this, as both my bank and my motor insurers give me European breakdown cover.

That's why I'm replying really, to suggest you check whether anyone you're already doing business with throws it in free or cheap - check the detail of the cover though, to be sure it does what you want it to.

Not wishing to advertise, but my bank begins with B, my insurers are very co-operative people, and in both cases I'm just a satisfied customer.

Tony

hi tony i would be gratefull if you could check that you bank actually does cover you for M/H. i'm with same bank & was offered the deal that gives travel insurance & a load of other things but when i questioned if M/h was covered the girl rang some department & put me onto the phone to insureres they told me M/H were excluded because of weight. but if you have been told different please let me know & i can pursue again

thanks adie

Ivys - 2007-11-02 7:38 PM

Cheers

No, I went direct. However, as you will see from the other thread, I phoned for confirmation and was told that 3.5 is their max. :-S

Rog

Maybe its a bit like this Aide hopefully not but when people actually get around to double checking most times you find out that its not what you

think you are getting . Hopefully I will be proved wrong .

michele - 2007-11-03 10:27 PM

Ivys - 2007-11-02 7:38 PM

Cheers

Rog

Maybe its a bit like this Aide hopefully not but when people actually get around to double checking most times you find out that its not what you

think you are getting . Hopefully I will be proved wrong .

unfortunatly i think you might be right michele, better to double check than breakdown somwhere & ring recovery service only to be told sorry we carn't carry M/H's leaving you in the "sewerage" :$ :$

Archived