Burstner van 620G

colleen

Hi fellow Motorhomers

Does anyone out there know anything about the new burstner Van 620G. I am particularily interested in the garage area. Is it a good size?. So many of the vans have a garage, but there is always a lip or some press or other obstacle and so you dont get a good flat floor. the reason I ask is that I have two shepherd dogs and would like to give them as much room as possible, and no, I cant get a bigger vehicle as I am limited for space at home. I would be grateful if anyone,who perhaps viewed it at the NEC and might remember, any likes or dislikes about the van in general, because we all know that brochures can be decieving. Please help (?)

If you carry out a GOOGLE-search using "Burstner Travel Van" as the search term you'll find some useful stuff about this vehicle.

The Burstner website contains an overview of the Travel Van with a fair amount of information and lots of photos. A scooter is shown in the 'garage' which suggests the latter is pretty roomy. This is the link you want:

http://www.buerstner.com/uk/motorhomes/models/travel_van.html

I also note that the January 2008 issue of Practical Motorhome (available from 21/11/2007) will include a group test of an Adria Coral Compact, Hobby Van, Hymer Van and Bürstner Travel Van - though there's no indication exactly which models will be reviewed.

As you plan to keep animals in your motorhome's garage, besides its size and the flatness of its floor, you may also wish to consider things like ventilation, lighting and heating. It's not unknown for motorhome manufacturers to have the gas heater actually protruding into the garage space, which may be fine if there's just a scooter, bikes or junk in there, but less than ideal if the garage is to be a mobile kennel.

Hi Derek

thank you so much for your reply. I take your point re: the possibility of heater fumes etc into the garage area. I see you have a hobby, I looked at the hobby van but there are too many steps inside for my old arthritic knee (lol)

I have the 695g,(07 plate) the heater does protrude into the garage. The double bed on the 695 goes across the back of the van so the garage is large and flat but there is no access to the garage from inside the van, the 620g may be different. It would be worth ringing a burstner dealer and ask for technical dept, try chelstons. hope this is of some help.

choppa

Colleen:

It wasn't really fumes from the heater that I was concerned over, but the installation.

I've seen Truma Combi appliances fitted so that the heater's base (which gets scorchingly hot) could be reached from inside the garage by an inquisitive pooch's nose. Also where the heater had been arranged so that its blown-air fan sucked air from within the garage and you could actually stick your fingers (or nose or paw!) into the rotating fan if you felt so inclined.

Archived