Dethleffs Summer Edition Van 2008

jasnelgrove

After help here earlier in the year and quite a bit of research we went for the SED 2008 1 van from Dethleffs. Now have it and probably first one in UK?

Very pleased indeed. The Ford base is as good as everyone has been saying - by far the best of the 7 motorhomes we have owned.

Dethleffs finish seems very good. Very pleased with the Truma EH giving both blown air and water from electric/gas or both.

Bed is a good size and very comfortable after spending the last week in it. Shower arrangement with hinged panel is far better than a curtain.

Not a huge amount of storage inside but the garage is a great space and it is under 6m.

Now... time to use it....

Hi John

I wish you many happy miles in your new SED 1. Can I ask you to do me a huge favour and measure the floor area of the garage. I have two shepherd dogs and am considering the Burstner Van T620G. Are the gas tanks located in the garage?

regards Colleen

Guest JudgeMental

Surely if gas tanks are in garage they will be in a custom enclosure, sealed to the interior and vented to the exterior to be legal....

We saw the Dethleffs Summer Edition Van in Germany early October and were very impresed with it, well finished and a good layout.

We were looking for a "Van" ourselves but have gone a different route. We wanted twin beds so for various reasons (availability supplying dealer layout finish etc) we have ordered a Burstner Travel Van 620G and expect delivery by the end of this month

Hi Colleen,

Just went out and measured up - it is 30" x 77" but the step either side means the floor area for the dogs would be 20" wide. Eddie is right, the cylinders are in a sealed enclosure to one side of the garage with own vents. Don't see any ventilation for the garage area though. At the other end of the garage is the compartment (again with a door) for the heating unit. Two open storage areas above these sealed compartments.

Hope this helps...

Cheers, John

Hi john

sorry to have sent you out to measure the garage on a cold November night but I bet you didnt mind mind one little bit as you had a chance to go out and have another look at your new pride and joy!!!. the garage would be too small for my dogs at 20ins. The burstner garage is 36x81 and I think there are no shelf areas, just a flat floor, although I'm not too sure on the ventilation.

thanks again

Colleen

We bought from Pullingers in Essex, Lowdhams could not supply until Spring next year. I think it is very similar to the Globevan 1 - although there is a change I think in the wardrobe and access to the bed, it now uses a small ladder. The 'pack' option changed a bit too. We added the underfloor heating as we have always had a problem finding that ideal level that is comfortable without also providing a nice headache. Seems to be working but will see over the winter....

Must take some pictures, perhaps when the storm has passed over us in the next two days (we are way up North)....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived