Satellite dish

Guest Le Thou

Guest Le Thou

Just purchased an Omnistor Semitronic roof mounted dish which raises at the touch of a button, this is to replace my "Status I can only find BBC1 if I can see the main mast 550 aerial".

Has anyone out there got one of these and how does it perform, and did you fit it yourself. My intention is to fit through same hole as the Status.

Hi LT, I suspect you mean the Maxview Omnisat Semitronic. I've fitted a few of these in the past and they generally work well. They can be a bit of a fiddle to assemble though so allow plenty of time. I think you should be able to use the existing hole from your 530/10. The powered elevation has a memory feature whereby you can store 1 elevation angle and then, as long as you're at pretty much the same latitude as that at which you stored it, the dish should go to the correct elevation and all you'll need to do is turn the dish to find the satellite. This will only work if your 'van is prety much level both when you store the elevation and when you use the memory feature.

D.

Guest Le Thou

Hi Dave

Yes I do mean the Maxview, don't know where I got Omnistor from? They have quite a good write up and it certainly can,t be worse than the Status 550.

It should work out ok as the Status goes through the rear o/s wardrobe in the bathroom so hopefully it will fit

I had a Maxview Semitronic fitted in May this year. Easy to use and had no problems locating Astra 28E signal. I've only used it as far South as the Lake district and as far North as Ullapool - the picture did freeze on a few occasions at Ullapool due to the strong breeze coming in off the sea, but I suppose you'd have that problem with any dish. The pole for rotating is located in the wardrobe (Bessacarr E425).

Archived