fiat x250 not water well almost

bigal55

bigal55 - 2007-11-12 7:05 PM

today once again asked the main fiat dealer in poole are there any fixes or recalls on this vehicle and was told no, on the advice of trading standards i,ve told my dealer he has 28 days to to rectify the problem or i will take action under the sale of goods act 1979, ref; goods not of satisfactory quality, i know it,s not the dealers fault but he took my money so the buck rests with him. it seems that fiat have yet to take this problem seriously across the country

it pays to complain, after 2mths of complaining and getting nowhere,within 1wk of threating legal action i,ve received a phone call from fiat, a letter and phone call from marquis and a phone call from essanjay to book the m/home in to fix the problem, it sounds as though it will be a proper fix, but i was told once again it is not going to be an automatic recall, you have to complain, most of these vehicles are used by non owner drivers i.e. white van man who probably wouldn,t notice the problem therefore fiat won,t have to pay to fix it

• 3 weeks later...
I have found all the correspondence very interesting as I am suffering underbonnet water on my new Peugeot based Autocruise (Registered June 07). Can anyone verify whether the plastic moulding below the windscreen wipers is identical on Fiat and Peugeot as I have a large diameter drain at the right-hand end of mine which seems at odds with your description. The drain has a large opening at the top connected to a large diameter rubber tube. Where this tube is routed through the inner wing panel it appeared to be flattened and I thought maybe it wasn't draining properly. However, on detaching it from the wing (it's a push fit) I see that a constriction has been carefully designed at the lower end. Having cleared some leaves from the 'gutter' below the windscreen wipers and the top of the drain I examined the bottom of the tube. It was almost blocked with debris! Having worked in the automotive industry all my life I wouldn't pay some of the Peugeot 'designers' in shirtbuttons. Having talked to my Peugeot dealer regarding a fix they informed me that they would reseal the scuttle area but knew nothing about a cover. After washing my van or after rain I get a loud squealing noise after starting which is, I believe, belt slip. Has anyone else experienced this? I am due to take my van to the dealer next week so I will keep you posted.

hi i think the peugeot is the same, this is the fiat fix, had the scuttle sealed today,waxoil on the injectors plus engine cover,already had covers on wiper motor and abs unit but no drain on the nearside as i park on a camber means water will still overflow onto the fuse box, also at the ends of the scuttle they opened up the 6mm holes to 10mm thus allowing more water to flow on the back of the headlights also they uprated the fuse at the battery,i,ve not had a problem with this but others have, so i hope it is the fuse that is the problem and not the electrics. this was posted last week on another thread. try a seach, type"fiat water ingress",in the keywords box and change the date limit box to all posts

The plot thickens. I had another look at my van this morning and found the large open hole at each end of the scuttle panel. If these should have grommets in them why did they put these holes in the panel in the first place? If they shoudn't have grommets fitted what are they for?

I also examined my scuttle panel carefully. It is a two-piece design with a centre joint. Is anyone aware whether later designs are one piece?

On the passenger side there is a 3-4 mm gap between the scuttle and the screen extending for some 10 cm (4 in). No wonder water gets onto the engine! This part of the scuttle appears to have been distorted when it was fitted and I have told the dealer that I am not going to accept a 'bodged-up' sealing job. In my opinion a new panel is required.

I don't like the fact that they have uprated your fuse. Fuses are there to protect wiring and components and I would be concerned.

Archived