Wild Camping Ban In France??

Cattwg

I would say that there is absolutely no chance of a single Frenchman obeying that law, even if the Govt. was foolish enough to bring it in!

They ignore any law they feel is unjust, ridiculous, not in their interest or is stopping something they want to do at that particular moment!

Viva La France!

Tomo3090 - 2007-11-08 7:32 PM

I would say that there is absolutely no chance of a single Frenchman obeying that law, even if the Govt. was foolish enough to bring it in!

They ignore any law they feel is unjust, ridiculous, not in their interest or is stopping something they want to do at that particular moment!

Viva La France!

Aah! If only we had the courge to do that here!!

Regards MIKe

But at least we can do it THERE! If there was such a ban, the French would ignore it & would also happily welcome us wild-camping alongside them.

As far as I can gather from French "Camping-Car" mags, legally our vehicles are very firmly NOT caravans, and as "cars," they can be parked (including overnight) anywhere any other car can.

There's a legal distinction between parking and camping, so even if "wild-camping" was outlawed it STILL wouldn't affect "les Camping-Caristes."

Tony

Guest Le Thou
If you are in the South Loire area near Chateraleaut you are welcome to wild camp on my 7 acres, there are truffle fields and a chateaux nearby and deer and brown hares roam freely,

David Dwight - 2007-11-10 7:52 PM

we saw no evidence of a ban on Wild camping whilst we were there for two months.

In the Camargue we saw over 200 motorhomes parked in and around St Marie mostly wild camping along the sea shore.

David

Port of St Louis on the Med near Marseille (hope that spelling is right ) We were there in september, about 200 vans parked around the quay,wild.The aire there holds 12 vans and they are permanent fixtures.

Nice place to stay once the summer hols are over. The beach is six kilometres away, acres of sandy beach nobody there.

Mick H.

Archived