Aires : Little Gems

robertandjean

Repying to Brian Kirby, who said

"Do I detect a conversion here, or just a dose of overdeveloped self interest?"

My comment was actually made in response to the following post:-

Usinmyknaus - 2007-12-12 1:59 PM

Hello Brian,

In face to face conversation with the Brits concerned I did explain the difference, armed, no less, with information from your earlier posts and those of the other sages on this forum. They were having none of it though, which is a pity.

Bob

What I was suggesting was that it was not necessarily a pity if people refused to be converted to the use of aires. I have got no reluctance to share my discoveries with others, as anyone will see who visits the list of aires and campsites on the MHF website.

Brian

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, BrianR

I have most of them on a Autoroute file as pushpins, you are welcome to a copy, i think you should be able to convert it into TT or any of the other SatNav system. The problem is I can't upload it to the site so I supose anyone who wants a copy will have to use email

BrianR - 2007-12-18 7:46 PM

Is there anywhere we can get a list of these "little gems"

Brian

Hi Brianr has been a prolific at entering sites into the MHF campsite d/b, 195 at the last count, I went through some of them adding GPS when we added GPS co-ods to all entries recently.

Some very nice spots by rivers, up mountains and in villages. Some unfortunately my RV would have difficulty getting to. Sorry if I have made any errors Brianr, but even with Google earth, flash earth and Geoportail I wasn't able to pinpoint the aires 100% of the time

Enodreven why not load them into the download section of MHFun? then anybody could download them.

Olley

• 1 month later...

Here's one I saw today.

Morgat is on the Crozon penninsula in dept 29 and is a couple of K from Crozon town.

The aire is fairly ordinary being a large hardstanding car park behind some houses.Having said that it could cope easily with American RV's.

The overwhelming beauty of this aire is that 200m away is the little village of Morgat which has an enormous beach,prominade and marina.It is well served with cafes and shops.The scenery is glorious even on this miserable winter day.

A further 3k away is Cap de la Chevre which is a "wild" headland.Beside the coastguard station is a very large car park which would be great for overnighting

Hi, You can obtain a copy of the Autoroute axe 78 best Aires file that was compiled by the members of this and the Motorhometoday.co.uk at the following link, if you haven't got Autoroute you should be able to convert the axe file to various other GPS systems

http://motorhometoday.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=398&pid=12595&st=60entry12595

if the link dosen't work log onto the www.motorhometoday.co.uk web site and you will find the thread "100 Best Aires" under the "Aires in France & Europe " forum, the downloadable link is on page 4 of the thread

hope that helps, i did ask if we could post the download file on hear but didn't get a reply

hope that helps

Minstrel - 2008-01-23 9:56 PM

We are looking for aires 50 to 100 miles from Calais near the A26, can anyone recommend one, or would we be safe enough wild camping somewhere just off a minor road?

enodreven - 2008-01-31 10:10 AM

Hi, You can obtain a copy of the Autoroute axe 78 best Aires file that was compiled by the members of this and the Motorhometoday.co.uk at the following link, if you haven't got Autoroute you should be able to convert the axe file to various other GPS systems

http://motorhometoday.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=398&pid=12595&st=60entry12595

if the link dosen't work log onto the www.motorhometoday.co.uk web site and you will find the thread "100 Best Aires" under the "Aires in France & Europe " forum, the downloadable link is on page 4 of the thread

hope that helps, i did ask if we could post the download file on hear but didn't get a reply

hope that helps

To make this file easier to find it has now been moved to

http://motorhometoday.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1917

as in Brians post this link will only work if you are already a member.

• 2 months later...
Guest JudgeMental

I downloaded it, but it would not open as it said it was created on an earlier version of Autoroute and I have 2007....

any one any idea's

If you go to the following link

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/recherche.php

and go to the bottom of the page "COORDONNEES GPS"

there is a link listing 3464 aires verifiees.

Open and select all. Then save as a Word document. There are approx 157 pages so it takes a while to copy. Gives Lats/Lons and far more info than the usual POI files. It looks bang up to date and can be stored on your laptop.

Way2Go - 2008-04-05 3:58 PM
Randonneur - 2008-04-05 10:09 AM
Way2Go - 2008-04-01 2:14 PM Unzip and load - works in AutoRoute 2007
I have downloaded the zip file but how do I convert it from AXE to TomTom?

You ask me very nicely and I do it for you ;-)

Copy BOTH files to your map folder.

Please find attached . . . .

I am very grateful, thank you, I thought you might come up with a solution.Sylvia

Archived