Silver Screens

michele

I have it on good authority that Silver Screens are a good company .

Today i looked on the website I would like to purchase one.

I gave them a quick call and apparently all the models are different (whats new) trouble is the chap asked if I had internal blinds fitted ? Yes we do

Apparently its a different fitting . Trouble is what is it that I do buy we have a Bessacarr E765 6 berth o6 model .

How do you know what it is to buy ?. Also can anyone reccomend a good one from them as there seems to be so may made of different stuff .

I really only want it for this coming holiday in the snow to keep in the heat.

Thank you .

Michele

If you are looking at silver screens to fit on the outside of the windscreen and you have internal blinds fitted they have to make the pockets which fit over the top corners on the doors slightly bigger. This is to accomodate the internal blinds.

They made some for my Knaus which is fitted with internal blinds and they are a perfect fit.

The version I have is the "Para-gon foldable" where the section over the front windscreen can be folded down when necessary to let in some daylight.

Michelle,

I bought from Silver Screens and they were help personified. First note that anything that keeps the heat inside in winter will be pretty good at keeping the heat out in summer, though a reflective (or shiny) silver outer surface will help with that.

Then just tell them what van you have, what model, whether you have internal blinds and what type, and anything else they want to know. If you have Remis blinds, that's a different fitting over the doors because the doors - over which the blinds hook - become thicker because of the Remis frame.

Then tell them what you want the blinds to do and they'll help you choose the right one. They hace the option of blinds that drop down to reveal the top half or 3/4 of the windscreen to let more light in during the day - but if you're never going to use that option, why bother?

They'll then make a blind that fits perfectly - at least, that's my experience.

Mel E

====

I know this is going to sound strange (well you expect it fro me ).

I dont know what blinds we have I do know that they are fitted to the window . What I mean is inside the cab door fitted to the cab door only on the window part is black plastic . The blinds fold back into this plastic and concentina out of the plastic when needed .

On the front screen we have these two big arms that sit on the dash .

They are lifted into a locked position of up right when we need to pull up the blind.

I think its a fairly standard thing and nothing new maybe you all have it .

But what its called I dont have a clue Remis ?

Hi Michele (strange ?),

We have silver screens with the fold-down front panel for our Hymer, superb bit of kit and the guy I spoke to when I ordered them was more than helpful although he did ask a few questions, which he needed to in order that we would receive the correct blind.

Well worth the effort andno more condensation on the inside of the screen.

John D>

We bought  our external screen cover from Taylor Made a lot cheaper than Silver Screeens and really nice people to deal with I can say its the best £78 we have spent on the motorhome the difference is unbelievable no misted up windows and a lot warmer in the front area and also unlike Silverscreens ,  Taylors do not slag off the opposition they do not have to its a top quality product.

Michel

We had Silver screens on our old van they were great so when we bought the new one the first thing we did was buy them for it. The guy was very helpful we had the Paragaon version which comes witha bib to fit in the engine compartment which stops the draughts coming in through the vents. Virtually 24hour delivery. As for this bussiness of slaggin off the opposition we never had any of it. (Ive been in the retail trade and its not unusual for this to happen ay way) Dont we do it here on the Forum.

Go for the screens they are great.

David

Totally agree with Kelly58. I bought my screen cover from Taylormade eight and a half years ago. It's been in constant use, including eighteen months of daily use whilst living in the 'van about four hundred yards from the sea and is still performing perfectly.

Very nice folk to do business with and to cap it all, they're in our beloved county of Yorkshire (all bow). Can't say fairer than that :D

Martyn.

michele - 2007-11-12 11:02 AM ....... What I mean is inside the cab door fitted to the cab door only on the window part is black plastic . The blinds fold back into this plastic and concentina out of the plastic when needed . ......... But what its called I dont have a clue Remis ?

Michele

Sounds like the Remis blinds.  It is only the cab door blinds that will count, forget the windscreen blind.  The insulated screen fits outside the windscreen, and wraps right round to cover the cab door windows as well.  You have to open the cab doors to fit the screen.  To hold it in place, the insulated screen has pockets on the top corners of the cab door sections, into which the top edges of the cab doors muct be tucked, and the doors then closed trapping the pocket in place.  This is the pocket that needs to be made larger to fit over the extra thickness of the Remis cab window blind frames.

Otherwise, the screen maker just needs to know what make and model of motorhome you have, and the make and model of the base vehicle.

kelly58 - 2007-11-12 4:31 PM

We bought  our external screen cover from Taylor Made a lot cheaper than Silver Screeens and really nice people to deal with I can say its the best £78 we have spent on the motorhome the difference is unbelievable no misted up windows and a lot warmer in the front area and also unlike Silverscreens ,  Taylors do not slag off the opposition they do not have to its a top quality product.

Absolutely agree. Brilliant fit and well made.

michele - 2007-11-12 11:02 AM

I know this is going to sound strange (well you expect it fro me ).

I dont know what blinds we have I do know that they are fitted to the window . What I mean is inside the cab door fitted to the cab door only on the window part is black plastic . The blinds fold back into this plastic and concentina out of the plastic when needed .

On the front screen we have these two big arms that sit on the dash .

They are lifted into a locked position of up right when we need to pull up the blind.

I think its a fairly standard thing and nothing new maybe you all have it .

But what its called I dont have a clue Remis ?

Remis for sure.

Guest Le Thou

Hi Mich

I contacted silver screens today and they are sending me a brochure also rang Tylor made screens and they quoted me about £87 delivered so how much did you pay for your screen (if you don't mind me asking) and any reason you chose siver screens?

Because I trusted the man that I asked basically and if he says they are good then thats enough for me .

No point asking advice if you don't take it is there ?

Thats ok we ordered the Paragon really the lady talked us through it she was ever so helpful . She asked if we wanted this and that the bib and that all in all it came to £119 it seems like alot really but we took the option that they offer to trade it back .

Good Luck its a nice one not like some of the shabby ones or less better made ones I have seen also came with a bag/sack folds up nicely.

;-) ;-)

Guest Le Thou

Excellent....have you had the chance to fit it or have you not got it yet?

From what I can gather the Silver screen blinds fit very nicely

Guest Le Thou
michele - 2007-11-15 9:35 PM

It fits like a dream glove I'll be snugg as a bug in a rug ;-)

That'll do for me .....Silver screens ere we come

michele - 2007-11-15 9:35 PM

It fits like a dream glove I'll be snugg as a bug in a rug ;-)

So do Taylormade. Only difference will be price. Same material as well.

• 6 years later...
Guest Had Enough
henrypartridge - 2014-05-04 9:49 PM

I was interested in Silverscreens but amazed to see their "website" has no email address or intenet contact. They want you to phone them. Sorry, goodbye

This is a very small business that makes at best a handful of sales every day. It's not worth them putting in a pay-online system which costs money to install and operate and they've probably learned in the past that a phone call is the simplest way to answer your questions and take payment.

This is what would happen if you enquired by email:

You'd send them an email asking them the exact price, delivery time etc.

They'd have to write an email in reply.

You may well want clarification of something or you forgot to ask a question in the first email so you write again.

They have to respond, again.

You decide to buy but don't want to put your credit card details in an email so eventually you phone them to place an order and give them your card information.

Or, you could just phone them once, ask all your questions, give them your credit card number and the job's done.

Still, I'm sure that they'll be devastated that you're cutting off your nose to spite your face and not ordering what is an excellent product (I've had two).

Archived