Silver Screens

michele

Having recently changed our van to Fiat based 2009 Autocruise Stargazer, it is fitted with slide across blinds for the windscreen internally., and the cab door have press studs for attachment of internal screens..

we have been unable to source the side screens to fit, and was very disappointed with the trade show at Shepton recently.

We enquired around locally, and the shop at Merley came up with a suggestion,, diy..

she pointed us at B&Q for insulation material, so we now have home made internal sidescreens.

Not the most professional job perhaps, but just a few pounds cost, and a couple of hours work. Attachment is via velcro pads sticky type on door frame and material.

it satisfies our summer time needs, and winter time needs are covered by Taylor Made long wrap around external screens, .

tonyg3nwl.

I hope the originator of the thread has solved her requirements.

lennyhb - 2014-05-05 8:57 AM

I have had both Silver Screens & Taylormade, Taylormade are heaver more bulky and the started absorbing water after 2 or 3 years.

The Silver Screens are a better product much lighter and easier to stow away.

I agree Taylormade appear to be an inferior product, the reflective surface started peeling off on set of external screens, complaining also did no good. The cheery Yorkshire persona, soon became confrontational. Once bitten...

michele - 2007-11-13 10:52 PMOk have bought the Paragon from Silver screens .Thanks for all your help peeps ;-)

Hi Michelle , you have made the best choice, I recently bought from Silver Screens but not before they had photos of my Motorhome, it turned out My Model was only made for the one Year .2009 ?, when they were certain they had the right model ,I received my Silver screens ,and they only took payment when I was happy with the fit, and they fit like a glove, very neat in appearance too.  Safe Journeys,

Guest Had Enough
Corky 8 - 2014-05-05 1:35 PM
michele - 2007-11-13 10:52 PMOk have bought the Paragon from Silver screens .Thanks for all your help peeps ;-)

Hi Michelle , you have made the best choice, I recently bought from Silver Screens but not before they had photos of my Motorhome, it turned out My Model was only made for the one Year .2009 ?, when they were certain they had the right model ,I received my Silver screens ,and they only took payment when I was happy with the fit, and they fit like a glove, very neat in appearance too.  Safe Journeys,

As Michelle's post was over six years ago I think she'll have sorted it by now. ;-)

Archived