Route across Spain

enodreven

Hi,last year we did it that way going down to Portugal in late Dec very very cold.if you have GPS go to Madrid it will take you around no problems at all, and down the A4 for Granada.Your way looks very long way round to me!.You may think of going down France then to Pau onto Zargoza and across to Madrid The A1 and A2 good roads but no cost all free ,we did from Torrevieja upto Bilbao in one day cost i think was about €15-20 thats all and this was with 4x4 and twin caravan.

Hope this helps.John

I agree with caljoe, your proposed route seems a long way round. However, the Spanish road network is generally first class and you should have no problems whichever way you go on the major routes. The quickest route to the Costa de Sol is as caljoe says. My sister and bro-in-law, who live down there can usually 'do' Santandar to Malaga in 12 hours in a 4x4 but would probably take us 'snails' a wee bit longer! Whichever way you decide to go, enjoy! (lol)

enodreven - 2007-11-12 8:01 PM

Hi we thought we would try to miss Madrid this time and wondered if anyone has any idea what the roads are like if we go:-

St Jean De Luz

San Sebastian

Burgos

Salamanca

Caceres

Merida

Seville

Marbella

I would apreciate any information

Brian

Hi Brian

We live out here and have recently done a trip from the Costa Blanca where we live, up to Galicia. The roads are fabulous.... depending how long you have for your trip I'd suggest avoiding some of the motorways so you can take in more.... Salamanca was beautiful. and if you can get to Segovia which isn't that far away then its definatly worth a visit.

On most of our trips we tend to wam it up the motorway thru the plains of Murcia, as we've done quite a bit of murcia now, or where we want to cover miles quickly, but then swap to N roads, or the local roads.

Archived