Celtic Rambler

zaskar

After 8 good years of using American RV's, my wife and I are looking for a change.

If anybody owns, or knows somebody who owns, a Celtic Rambler by the Fifth Wheel Company, we would very much like to hear from you.

Regards

Paul

paul.wrigley@baesystems.com

chatterdog - 2007-11-13 5:01 PM

I dont own a Celtic Rambler but i do own a 5th wheel unit mine is from Niche-marketing in Manby, Lincoln.

Many thanks for the reply.

Must admit that if we DO go down the 5th wheel route, I think we're more likely to choose the British Celtic Rambler due to the fact that it can be towed by a Nissan Navara and thus, far better fuel consumption.

I'm having a hard time trying to justify a Yank 5ver to myself due to the fact that it needs a Dodge Ram or similar on the front and I can get just as much MPG (or little as the case is!) from my 34ft A Class. I'm also worried that the way things are going, the Yank imports are gonna get absolutely battered by the government and the tree huggers!

The BIG benefit of a 5ver is, of course, the ability to be able to use the tow vehicle for sightseeing where as I have to carry a motorbike which although good fun is a bit "iffy" in the wet!

I'd like to hear of your experiences using a 5ver in the UK in in particular the attitude of Caravan Club Hitlers (sorry, Wardens!) towards them and the manouvreability on site.

Please feel free to contact me direct on..........

paul.wrigley AT beasystems DOT COM

Many thanks

Paul

Archived