Comparing fuel prices in Europe

Don Madge

A very good site for comparing fuel prices in Europe is http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/eupetrolprices/ this site also gives you the fuel price in Euros for the non Euro countries. The site is very useful when you are planning a trip through several countries.

I use it mainly to compare the fuel prices as against checking the actual price per litre.

I was surprised by the high diesel costs in Germany and Italy, diesel is almost €0.25 per litre more expensive in these two countries than in Luxembourg.

Safe travelling

Don

Thanks for the link Don.

A good site for general guidance, but I'm unsure how accurate/up to date their data is: certainly the diesel price here in Spain is some way above the 97.4 cents per litre that they quote.

I've not found any diesel below 1 euro in our Costa Blanca area, or indeed anywhere on our travels across mid and North Spain, for the last month or more.....unfortunately.

In Spain (as in most other countries I guess) it really pays to get off the motorway before refueling if you can, motorway service area fuel prices here are always significantly above those at other petrol stations.

BGD - 2007-11-14 6:10 PM

Thanks for the link Don.

A good site for general guidance, but I'm unsure how accurate/up to date their data is: certainly the diesel price here in Spain is some way above the 97.4 cents per litre that they quote.

I've not found any diesel below 1 euro in our Costa Blanca area, or indeed anywhere on our travels across mid and North Spain, for the last month or more.....unfortunately.

In Spain (as in most other countries I guess) it really pays to get off the motorway before refueling if you can, motorway service area fuel prices here are always significantly above those at other petrol stations.

Same here. On our trip from Valencia to Galicia the cheapest we found was at the Aire in Rueda (1.009c on Oct 28). On our return to the Aire on Nov 2 it had gone up to 1.029c.

Generally it seems to be around the 1.03c mark.

Randonneur - 2007-11-15 7:13 PM

Just had a look at the French website and its stating that the price for diesel in Chalais (our local supermarket) is 1.01 euros. So this site is well out of date for our area. Don't know about other areas.

Yes you're right. The info for the Intermarché in Chalais was updated on June 2!!

Archived