Generator query

Guest Ray. Ball

Guest Ray. Ball
I bought a Honda Generator EU10i, B type, at York Show last year for motorhome use only. Never used it until today ( have another for general use ) Connected it to motorhome, ( Cheyenne with Sargents PSU 2007 unit ), with usual hook up cable which I normally plug into house circuit for battery charging etc. The reversed polarity light immediately lit up on PSU unit. Any ideas anyone why this should happen and should I be concerned?

The generator will be providing an isolated AC supply to the van. That is the neutral is not connected to earth at the sub-station as it would be when connected to the mains. Hense the clever reverse polarity sensing system is confused. You should not be concerned. Good luck (and don,t park near me if you use it) C.

Guest Ray. Ball
Many thanks Clive for your prompt and reassuring reply. We've carted that generator around for almost a year now without the need to use it but we include it "just in case" as with so many other "must haves"!! Promise on cub's honour we will not park close to you if we ever get round to using it!

Archived