Calor Gas cylinders

flicka

An article in the local rag motorin supplement says that Calor are introducing, I quote:- (B** ***Ger, plagerism)

"Calor Lite cylinders, a new lightweight gas cylinders designed especially with weight conscious caravaners in mind.

Weighting in at 50% lighter than conventional steel cylinders, Calor Lite bottles will be available to exchange at Calor Centres & Calor Gas Direct Outlets.

The good folk at Calor assure me that, once Calor Lite is in the market place, we will be able to exchange our traditional red or blue cylinders for Calor Lite at NO extra charge. An integral part of the cylinder is the new Gas-Trac gauge, allowing you to see at a glance hoe much gas is left in your bottle"

Did anyone who went to the ICM Show at the NEC see anything on this ?

So anyone thinking about changing to the BP Lite cylinders and already have Calor shouild be able to save a substantial sum next year.

This should eliminate a lot of "How much gas have I got left" questions

Ok found it I originally asked when

Calor are delighted to announce the launch of a new lightweight cylinder - designed and built specifically with caravanners in mind. The new Calor liteTM cylinders are 49.7% lighter than the current Calor 6Kg, helping you reduce the nose weight of your caravan. Calor liteTM will be available from March 2008.

thanks Flicka

I saw this story a while ago. Always looking to save weight where possible so I'll be investigating changing when they come on the market.

One of the minor frustrations I've suffered is that gauges available at present they aren't all that accurate unless the gas level is either pretty high or pretty low so the idea of an accurate gauge definitely interests me.

Graham

The forthcoming Calor-Lite cylinder has been discussed previously on the forum. See:

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9353&posts=9

I've some doubts over the accuracy of the Gas Trac gauge as Calor say "The indicator shows ‘hi’ when the gas cylinder is more than half full and moves to ‘lo’ when you’re running low on gas", which sounds pretty crude to me.

If the Gas Trac gauge is mechanical then an accurate readout should be possible: if (as I suspect) it just senses pressure like a Gaslow gauge, then it will be of little practical value. Calor "Patio Gas" bottles, which have been on the market for quite some time, use this type of gauge, but I've no personal experience of them. If any forum members are Patio Gas users (or know more about the Gas Trac system), perhaps they could comment, please?

Archived