Notebook travel charger

Ralph

Ralph - 2007-11-16 6:15 PM

This seems like a good deal from Aldi ? http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4710.html

All the laptop accessories look to be good deals Ralph. I already have a travel charger and a security cable with combination lock (better than the keyed ones) but I think I might be going along to our local branch to check some of the other items.

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one of their 500GB external hard drives last weekend (once I fought my way through the crowds).  It's brilliant.  Very quiet and extremely useful for backing up 2 PCs and a laptop.

I partitioned the drive into 3 chunks for convienience sake and run a weekly backup.

The checkout girl gave me a receipt and said "if you don't like it in 30 days bring it back and we'll give you your money back".  Fair enough.

Ventoux - 2007-12-05 11:58 PM

I heard a story that they can damage your laptop, any truth in that?

Will the Aldi one charge any laptop? I have a Compaq Presario bought at PC World last year.

1 No, it won't as long as you select the correct polarity, voltage and connector. It's just a charger.

2. Depends. You would need to check the required wattage of your laptop and the power provided by this one. Some laptops take a lot of power so no guarantee.

Mind you I didn't manage to find one in my local Aldi. Seems that they are a lot worse than Lidl for advertising things and then not getting them in :'(

Archived