Skiing help needed

Batch

I am putting together a website of aires and campsites for skiing. If any of you would like to contribute information or pictures of sites or aires it would be gratefully appreciated and you would be credited. Please look at the site and help. Any comments also gratefully received

http://web.mac.com/kevbatchelor/Ski_Motorhome/Welcome.html

Thanks in advance

Kev

We tend to wild camp in the Alps and have enjoyed skiing at Neustift and Ischgl in Austria. We have generally camped in the environs and then parked at the nearest lift car park, during the day.

The latter is best approached from Samnaum in Switzerland which also has duty free diesel which is a bonus. Nevertheless, it's a bit of a narrow hairy drive up and down but well worth it.

Sorry, I haven' t got any coordinates or photos.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Peter, those 2100 hits are probably me using the site to gain info for my pcoming trip. I like th esite of reallon but can not seem to find the nearest campsite. Although I have booked in to a campsite for this year I would normally and having looked through your site go for some aires. However being inexperienced in the terms of skiing I wonder whether I might end up somewhere with no room.

Kevin, It might be worth putting on your website for Les Deux Alpes there is a dedicated MH park at the far end of the village for about 20MH's with its very own skilift (chair) near the heliport. Also for those junkies who need a fix they can ski during the summer months up on the glacier in the mornings and then come back down to Les Deux Alps have lunch then hire a mountain bike, take the chair back up and cycle down in the afternoon.Great fun. We stayed at Le Champ du Moulin Venosc and took the cable car up at 8o/clock each morning. We were back in camp most days by 4pm to catch the last of the afternoon sun, down by the river. A truely fantastic summer holiday specially if you have kids, but don't expect the snow to be as good as it is in the winter, and it is obviously only on the glacier. Good site, with local pub, Venosc is beautful with its restaurants and the local Chateau 5 minutes from the site proved to be our first choice for our evening meal in the gardens.

Can I ask for some advice Kevin?

I am debating as to putting my awning up or not? I am siting myself on a site for 10 days and can't decide if it's a good idea or not. I was looking for the extra space it gives. Normally we would just put the wind out out, but on this occasion I am thinking of putting the safari room on. What I am concerned about is th esnoe element. Do many put out there awnings when in the snow? Also what is hte best way of keeping the flu clear to prevent and backflow and poisoning.

regards Paul.

Paul

Some permanent caravans put up their awnings however I wouldn't advise it as the plastic on the wind in type is a different material and the roof shape of the awning is different. Snow is also very heavy!!

On the flue have a look at the advice part of my website there is a bit about that there

http://web.mac.com/kevbatchelor/Ski_Motorhome/Welcome.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived