Insurance

webbocj

Since buying our first ever m/h in June we have managed two great trips to Devon and Cornwall and one to the I.O.W. normally for two/three weeks. However for 2008 we feel we must do what most of you do, go across to France or Spain, even Morroco seems a great challenge!! But this as created a problem when renewing our home insurance, most talk "max. 30 days unoccupied", the travel insurance only being for "31 days" Yes,with a lot of searching you can find more extended periods but throw in a bit of "blood pressure" and it aint cheap. How do the more seasonned travellers cope (or dont they)

webbocj - 2007-11-18 2:40 PM

Since buying our first ever m/h in June we have managed two great trips to Devon and Cornwall and one to the I.O.W. normally for two/three weeks. However for 2008 we feel we must do what most of you do, go across to France or Spain, even Morroco seems a great challenge!! But this as created a problem when renewing our home insurance, most talk "max. 30 days unoccupied", the travel insurance only being for "31 days" Yes,with a lot of searching you can find more extended periods but throw in a bit of "blood pressure" and it aint cheap. How do the more seasonned travellers cope (or dont they)

Hi ,

See http://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/ they will give you 365 day cover in the EU. For Morocco they will cover you for up to 120 days by issuing a manual Green Card.

They also offer breakdown cover for about £55.

They also do a combined travel/medical/house insurance that will cover you and your home for single trips up to 180 days.

I have been with them for ten years and can highly recommend them.

Don

Archived