LUNAR TELSTAR - PANORAMIC SUNROOF

LEO60

Our Lunar Telstar has a plastic panoramic, non opening sunroof over the drivers cab. It also has a concertina type blind fitted to shut out the light.

We have now removed all the upholstery and carpets from the MH and it is stored outside at a storage park with no hook up electricity available.

We have Remis internal cab blinds and also silver screen paragon external cab insulation blinds fitted. We also keep all the concertina blinds and curtains closed on all other windows. I also have a couple of these dehumidity containers with the crystals. We went to check the van today and there was quite a lot of condensation on the underside of the panoramic roof. This in turn seems to be running down and making the fibreglass insulation inside the cab headlining wet. Any suggestions as to how to deal with this. The MH is less than 2 years old.

Colin, Many thanks for your response. Are you thinking of an external or internal silverscreen cover? My thoughts on an internal arrangement is the problem of ensuring it stays in place, presumably using suction pads. The external type screen would most likely do the job but getting it on and off is not too easy and how would it cope with the wind etc.

Hi LEO60

you did not say if you closed the blinds in the roof ?? We had a Telstar until we lost it in the floods in July, we had only had it 6 months so I cannot remember exactly but I don't think that sun roof is double glazed in which case you may be trapping dampness in??

I am sending you an email with something that may interest you

Terry.

I had thought an external one, but is this not a problem at other times when being slept in? For a interior solution it would only! need to be a vapour barier, which may inturn get wet. Another possible solution would be a 'deflector strip' at lower edge of sunroof, this would be to stop water and allow it to drip into a bucket or similier, not elegant but may be easier.

Guest Le Thou

Couldn't agree more with you Paul, last week went to Chirk and next weekend off to Hawes in the Peak District, but apart from that I can only imagine the problem you have is because the sunroof is single glazed.

The solution as I see it would be to put something over the glass roof on the outside to form a barrier against the temperature change between the inside of the van and the outside, hence the condensation.

No comfort but our Autotrail Miami has a double glazed panoramic roof and have never had a drop of moisture.

If you want to pm your details , the guy next door is one of the managers on the motorhomes at Lunar on the workshop side so I can always ask him if he can help.

Archived